Emergency Response Personnel Discount
(Public Service Discount)
Liberty University is committed to offering you the highest quality of education available. This is why we have developed the Towns/Kopis Emergency Response Tuition Discount, a public service discount for all undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate, and Willmington School of the Bible emergency response students. This tuition discount entitles undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate, and Willmington School of the Bible emergency response students to 25 percent off the cost of their tuition.
To view Liberty's current price of tuition, please go to our Tuition & Fees webpage.
Liberty defines Emergency Response Personnel as those students currently (or within the last five years) employed, or volunteering, in the areas of law enforcement, emergency services, Civil Air Patrol (CAP) senior members, fire safety and/or rescue work.
Eligible students must have been employed or volunteered on a full-time basis currently, or within the last five years, or retired from a career listed below.
- Police/Peace Officer, Special Agent, Parole Officer, Corrections Officer, Firefighter, Search and Rescue Worker (license required), EMS/EMT worker (license required), Civil Air Patrol (Senior Member), FEMA volunteer, Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) members, 911 Emergency Dispatcher (certificate required), Park Ranger, Security Officer for Public Safety, Campus Emergency Responder, Campus Police, Border Patrol Officer, Maritime Officer, Medevac (fixed wing/helicopter pilot, ambulance, maritime), Disaster Medical Assistance Team (DMAT), Game Warden, State Trooper, US Marshal, United States Security Personnel field agent (example: FBI, CIA, DHS, DEA), Paramedic
- Administrative/non-field/chaplaincy positions are not eligible for the ERP discount.
- Student must be a degree seeking undergraduate or graduate student.
- Military students whose MOS is Military Police Officer may qualify to receive the military tuition discount, but cannot also receive the ERP discount for their Military Police service. Military students who serve in an emergency response role as a civilian may qualify for both discounts. Students anticipating using the ERP discount in conjunction with military benefits must first contact the Office of Military Affairs.
- For questions about this award, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Verification of Eligibility
- Fax a letter from employer on agency letterhead, as well as a copy of your agency/employee ID, to your Academic Advisor or Admissions Specialist at (434) 582-2053 or email email@example.com. For qualifying FOP members; please fax a copy of your FOP membership card.
- Include student ID number and attention to scholarships in all communication.
For more information on how to determine whether or not you qualify to receive this special discount, please contact a Admission's Specialist at (800) 424-9595.