Lead in the Education Field with Our Online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction
Our 100% online Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction degree provides you with the specialized skills necessary to become an effective educational administrator, university faculty member, senior-level educational leader, or educational policymaker. Our online doctoral program provides advanced training in administration, curriculum development, learning theory, and research. With our Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction degree, you will focus on the courses you are most passionate about, contribute your own research, and become an expert in your field.
Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation).
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Doctorate in Education – Curriculum and Instruction?
Our online Ed.D. degree is designed with your success in mind. The Doctor of Education program allows you to complete your coursework in the comfort of your own home as well as connect with your professors and other classmates through optional intensives on Liberty’s beautiful campus in Lynchburg, Va. These optional intensives are designed with flexible scheduling and provide you with critical hands-on training.
Unlike many doctoral programs, Liberty’s online Doctor of Education program integrates the doctoral capstone project research into your course material so that you can complete this comprehensive demonstration of your education expertise more quickly.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Doctor of Education – Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program?
Our online Ed.D. degree will give you the opportunity to engage with experienced education professionals who will guide your development into an advanced educator, administrator, and researcher. Through your Doctor of Education degree, you will learn the extensive theoretical framework behind teaching methods and higher order of application, allowing you to evaluate and address teaching challenges in both K-12 and university-level institutions.
The core content of our online Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction degree program will increase your understanding of core educational concepts while giving you practical classroom management tools and helping you publish innovative research. You will also focus on the current trends in special education, the prevalent theories of curriculum planning, and possible changes coming in the future of education.
Our Ed.D. in Curriculum Instruction Online Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Doctor of Education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation).
- You can meet your peers and professors in the online Doctor of Education program during optional intensives on our campus in Lynchburg, Va while developing your writing and research for your final capstone project phase.
- Completing your Doctor of Education gives you a terminal educational credential that shows employers you have reached the pinnacle of your field’s achievement.
- The online Doctor of Education gives you the opportunity to include licensure-track requirements for initial licensure, advanced licensure, or add-on licensure to your current credentials.
Our Online Ed.D. Degree in Curriculum and Instruction Information
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- Review the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- This online Ed.D. program falls under the School of Education.
- If seeking licensure, an education background check is required for all courses beyond EDUC 701.
- Students in this degree program can complete between two and three optional on-campus intensives. Most intensives are offered in a weeklong course format, with a few being offered in a weekend format.
- Please note that some states may have additional steps and requirements for licensure.
- An extensive final capstone project is required.
Military Benefits for Our Online Doctor of Education Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with a Doctoral Degree in Curriculum and Instruction
- College administrator
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- School administrator
As a terminal degree, Liberty’s online Doctor of Education will provide many new opportunities to students currently holding licensure, seeking advanced or add-on licensure, or who are working in a field that does not require licensure. Students who become a Doctor in Education through Liberty’s online Ed.D. degree will receive a credential accredited by NCATE and will complete a doctoral capstone project that will demonstrate specialized advanced research applied to educational practice.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.