Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Education for Your Minor?
Adding a minor is a great way to get additional expertise in a specialized subject for either personal interest or career growth. Your major will be the main focus of your degree, but this secondary area of study can expand your career options by adding to your educational background, often without lengthening your program.
Liberty’s minors still allow you to take 100% of your courses online. With a minor, you can gain an additional focus for your degree and stay connected with your family, church, and community while studying from the comfort of your home or office.
Expand Your Knowledge and Skills with a Minor from the School of Education
Your minor does not have to be related to your degree, but it does help to reduce the number of credits you need to graduate. Some minors pair well with any degree, like business or writing, while others are better suited for a specific area of study. Here are some suggested pairings for the minors offered from Liberty University’s School of Education:
The autism minor pairs well with our Bachelor of Science in Special Education Interdisciplinary Studies online degree program.
The special education minor pairs well with our Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education Interdisciplinary Studies online degree program.
Minor Program Format
- 15 -18 credit hours
- 50% of minors must be completed through Liberty University courses unless otherwise specified*
- Only available to add to an online bachelor’s degree
- You must be currently enrolled in your bachelor’s degree to declare a minor
- More than one minor can be pursued but may add to overall program length
*Military students are required to complete at least one course in their minor at Liberty.
How Many Minors Can You Have?
Minors can only be added to bachelor’s degrees and may be used to plan out general electives in your degree plan to meet specific goals. You can pursue as many minors as you want, but more than one minor will likely add to the overall length of your degree plan beyond the normal 120 credit hour, 3-year time frame.
What Are the Benefits of an Online Minor from Liberty University?
Our online degree programs offer students many great benefits, such as:
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Our minors are offered in an 8-week course format, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times!
Are you a service member, veteran, military spouse, or Department of Defense employee? Liberty University stands out in a crowded field of online colleges by offering the following military benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- Opportunity to earn college credit for military training
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times