Liberty University’s Master of Theology in Church History Will Help You Use the Past to Impact Your Future Career in Ministry
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Theology (Th.M.) in Church History degree will help you become more effective in your discipleship ministries by building a foundation rooted in the history of the Christian church. After engaging in courses focused on the historical development of Christian theology, classical reformation and global and American Christianity, you will gain a new level of expertise to use in your career. This program is often pursued by Christian educators, lay ministry leaders and missionaries who are looking to expand their knowledge of the history of the church, following the completion of a Master of Divinity or equivalent.
Liberty University’s Rawlings School of Divinity provides Master of Theology students with professors who have an abundance of experience in the field. As a student, you will get a solid, biblically based education from our renowned faculty who bring a firm commitment to conservative evangelical theology to the classroom. While obtaining your Master in Theology degree, you will build a strong network of like-minded individuals through collaborating with educators and fellow students.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master of Theology Degree in Church History Online Program?
As a student in Liberty University’s Master of Theology in Church History program, you have access to a variety of resources to further your knowledge and skills. Our professors are committed to preparing you for a successful career as they teach you from a biblical worldview and provide you with a solid, biblical foundation that is necessary to serve well in a ministry-related role.
Our Master of Theology in Church History Degree is 100% online which allows you to gain a quality education and still be involved in your community at home. Our program also offers optional Intensives for students who would like a residential learning opportunity. Additionally, Liberty is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). This means that your ministry degree will hold its value in the marketplace.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Theology in Church History Degree?
Your classes in Liberty University’s Master of Theology degree will be filled with quality, challenging content that will leave you feeling prepared and confident once emerged into the field. Classes will give you a deep understanding of the doctrine and how to confront contemporary doctrinal issues commonly seen today. You will gain a level of expertise in understanding the history of evangelicalism and how it molded the church today.
Students will gain a global perspective of the church when looking into the cultural contexts, key personalities, and movements that contributed to the spread and identity of global Christianity. After completing your theology degree, you will be prepared to make an impact in your community and environment through deep biblical teaching and a thorough understanding of the church’s history.
Our Th.M. Degree in Church History will give you a new range of skills and knowledge to apply to your goal of furthering in the Great Commission. Through engaging in our theology degree online, you will be able to make a bigger impact than ever before.
Master of Theology – Church History Program Highlights
- By earning your online Master of Theology in Church History degree from a non-profit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for Liberty University’s Master of Theology degree has not increased in three straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- You can complete our Master of Theology Degree in Church History in as little as four semesters.
Similar Online Programs
Degree Information and Requirements for our Master of Theology in Church History program
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the non-thesis Degree Completion Plan and thesis Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Master of Theology in Church History Course Syllabi (login required).
- This degree requires a Masters of Divinity (or equivalent) for admission.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Discounted Divinity Block Rate: $2,475 per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours!
- Credits taken above 15 credit hours for the program are charged at the part-time rate.
Potential Career Options with a Th.M. in Church History
- Bible Instructor
- Teaching Pastor
Regionally or Nationally accredited Master of Divinity (or MDiv equivalent) with at least a 3.0 for admission in good standing. Students with a GPA less than 3.0 may be considered for admission on caution.
Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral Recommendation
- Official College Transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.