Our M.Div. in Healthcare Chaplaincy is Ideal for Future Hospital or Hospice Chaplains Seeking an Online Program
Healthcare chaplains, including hospice and hospital chaplains, spend most of their ministry time at medical facilities helping the injured, sick, or dying find rest, healing, and spiritual guidance. A healthcare chaplain is frequently responsible for counseling and helping patients through the stages of grief, understanding their illness, and sometimes anger towards their situation. Patients may request that the healthcare chaplain provide last rites or other religious services.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Divinity in Healthcare Chaplaincy Online Program?
Liberty University’s Master of Divinity in Healthcare Chaplaincy will provide hospital and hospice chaplaincy training to prepare you for professional Christian ministry in healthcare, local church, and parachurch settings. Our healthcare chaplaincy degree is designed to help prepare you for ministry in secular, pluralistic settings such as the workplace, campus, sports, and with first responders. Liberty University will prepare you to achieve your desired goal through our veteran professors and challenging curriculum to promote critical thinking skills.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Divinity in Healthcare Chaplaincy?
Each healthcare chaplaincy course is designed to prepare you for the real-life experiences in hospital, hospice, or other healthcare chaplaincy roles. You will receive healthcare chaplaincy training in hands-on, theoretical, and explorative contexts. Contrasts between truth claims of the major world religions in contrast to Christian theistic apologetics will also be studied.
- CHPL 598 – Spiritual and Professional Development of the Chaplain
- CHPL 615 – Chaplain Ethics
- CHPL 681 – Healthcare Chaplaincy
- LEAD 520 – The Life of Leaders
M.Div. in Healthcare Chaplaincy Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the thesis or non-thesis Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View our Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
M.Div. Healthcare Chaplaincy Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Discounted Divinity Block Rate: $2,475 per semester (only $165/credit at 15 credit hours)*
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set log-in times
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours for the Masters of Divinity online are charged at the part-time rate.
Potential Healthcare Chaplain Jobs
Our M.Div. in Healthcare Chaplaincy is an excellent hospital chaplain training program that provides an easy transition from the classroom to a career. As a chaplain, your job exists to provide counseling and spiritual support to those in difficult circumstances. Healthcare chaplains need to be incredibly sensitive to the feelings of their patients and those around them. Our hospital chaplaincy program can prepare you for a rewarding career in a variety of environments including hospitals, hospice care facilities, and military bases. If you are seeking a hospital chaplaincy program that will help you advance your career without disrupting your current schedule, Liberty’s M.Div. in Healthcare Chaplaincy is an excellent option!
- Church education administrator
- Hospice or hospital chaplain
- Military chaplain
- Sunday school administrator
Master of Divinity in Healthcare Chaplaincy Program Highlights
- By earning your online Master of Divinity in Healthcare Chaplaincy degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our healthcare chaplaincy program has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our Master of Divinity in Healthcare Chaplaincy degree program in under four years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
Admission Requirements for Online Graduate Divinity Programs
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA or above is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts, if available
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral recommendation contact information
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.