Online PhD in Practical Theology Admission Requirements
- Apply online or call an Admissions Counselor at (800) 424-9596.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Mail official college transcripts (sent as sealed, unopened copies or via a direct electronic transcript system). A regionally or nationally accredited seminary master’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA is required for admission in good standing. Your master’s degree must also include at least 15 hours of Bible, theology, or church ministry-related courses.
- Submit a writing sample: 10 pages from prior academic coursework.
- Submit a School of Divinity Questionnaire (login required).
- Departmental approval is required for admission.
- Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an approved alternative assessment. For information on alternative assessments or TOEFL waivers, please call Admissions or view the official International Admissions policy.
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your doctoral degree after the last day of class for your master’s degree.
- Complete a master’s self-certification form confirming your completion date. The form can be downloaded from our Forms and Downloads page or you can contact an Admissions Counselor who can submit the form on your behalf.
- Submit a transcript to confirm that you are in your final term. The preliminary transcript must show that you are within 6 credit hours of completion for a 30-48 credit hour master’s degree or within 9 credit hours of completion for a 49+ credit hour master’s degree.
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date listed by the end of your first semester of enrollment in the new doctoral degree.
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript is one that has been issued directly from the institution and is in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements. If your previous institution offers electronic official transcript processing, they can send the document directly to email@example.com.
Liberty University Admissions Office Contact Information
Email for Questions
Email for Sending Documents
Back to the PhD in Practical Theology