This course emphasizes the personal health and self-care of the social worker.
Self-care is an important aspect in the field of social work since practicing in this field can be stressful.
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student will complete 4 Discussions in this course. The student will post one thread of at least 350 words. Each thread must demonstrate course-related knowledge supported by at least one citation from the course materials and at least one biblical principle. The student must then post two replies of at least 150-250 words. Each reply must support his or her assertions with course-related knowledge or at least one biblical principle or at least one scholarly citation. All posts and citations must be in current APA format.
Self-Care Eco Map and Reflective Paper Assignment
The student will develop a personal Self-Care Eco Map following the instructions in Activity 3 (located on page 35) in The A-to-Z Self-Care Handbook. Upon completing the Self-Care Eco Map, the student will use the prompts in Activity 4 as a framework to write a Reflective Paper.
- The Reflective Paper should be 2-3 pages in length. The student must include a title page in
current APA format.
- Both the Self-Care Eco Map and Reflective Paper are to be submitted for review and
Self-Care Plan and Reflective Paper Assignment
The student will reference the website and fact sheet assigned in Module 6 to develop a personal Self-Care Plan chart using the forms in Appendix A and B in The A-to-Z Self-Care Handbook.
- The student must address the physical, psychological, social, professional/academic, and spiritual dimensions.
- Specific goals/objectives and accountability measures must be noted using the SMART Goal format.
- The student will also write a 2–3 page paper in current APA format reflecting on his or her plan and why these are areas of focus for his or her self-care. The paper should include a title page in current APA format.
- Both the Self-Care Plan Template and the written Reflective Paper are to be submitted for review and grading.
Each quiz will cover the course material for the assigned module. Each quiz will be open-book/open-notes, contain 10 multiple-choice and true/false questions, and have a 45-minute time limit.