Applied Anatomy and Physiology II for Associate Degree – HLTH 212
CG • Section 8WK • 11/08/2019 to 04/16/2020 • Modified 07/28/2020
A continuation of HLTH 211 that examines the structure, function, and pathology of the various body systems and their roles, relevance, and applications in health and illness. The course employs virtual interactive cadaver dissection technology. The following topics are covered: the digestive system, the urinary system, the skin, the musculoskeletal system, and the reproductive systems.
The purpose of this course is to provide medical associates with increased knowledge of God’s amazing creation—the human body. Being familiar with the major structures and the physiological operation of these structures will help these individuals in their profession tremendously. It will vastly improve their ability to communicate with their co-workers trained in a variety of medical professions.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- List the component structures of the digestive system and urinary system.
- List the component structures of the integumentary system.
- List the component structures of the musculoskeletal system.
- List the component structures of the reproductive systems.
- Describe the function of the digestive and urinary systems.
- Describe the function of the integumentary system.
- Describe the function of the musculoskeletal system.
- Describe the function of the reproductive systems.
- Analyze Christian worldview vs. secular worldviews on the topic of creation vs. evolution of human life.
Textbook readings and presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in Module/Week 1.
Discussion Board Forums (2)
There will be 2 Discussion Board Forums throughout this course. The student is required to provide a thread in response to the provided topic for each forum. Each thread is to be 350 words in length and demonstrate course-related knowledge. In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to 1 other classmate’s thread. Each reply should be at least 150 words in length.
Workbook Assignments (4)
The student will complete 4 workbook assignments using the Anatomy & Physiology Revealed DVD and/or virtual access and workbook. The student will submit his/her responses in a Microsoft Word document.
The student will complete 4 exams throughout this course. Each exam will cover the Reading & Study material for the module/week in which it is assigned. Each exam will be open-book/open-notes; contain 35–50 multiple-choice, true/false, matching, and essay questions; and be 55 minutes long.