Survey of the New Testament III – GBST 165
CG • Section 8WK • 11/08/2019 to 04/16/2020 • Modified 07/28/2020
A comprehensive survey of the New Testament books of Colossians through Revelation.
The New Testament describes for us the earthly ministry of Jesus Christ and the institution of His church. This knowledge is foundational to all other Bible study and personal living.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze both the history and theology of each New Testament book (Colossians through Revelation).
- Recount the most important persons, places, and events recorded in the New Testament (Colossians through Revelation).
- Discuss the teachings of the various New Testament authors.
- Describe the teaching of the New Testament concerning the Second Coming of Christ.
- Apply the teaching and spiritual principles of the New Testament to one’s own life.
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in Module/Week 1.
Discussion Board Forums (4)
The student is required to create a thread in response to the provided prompt for each forum. Each thread must be at least 500 words and demonstrate course-related knowledge. In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to at least 2 other classmates’ threads. Each reply must be at least 250 words. (MLO: A, B, C)
Article Summaries and Responses (2)
The student will write 2 Article Summary and Response papers on 2 separate articles of his/her choosing. Each Article Summary and Response will be 3–4 pages giving the student’s overall critique of the article and why he/she agrees or disagrees with the author. The assignments will be in current Turabian format and will be submitted through SafeAssign. (MLO: A, C, E)
Each test will cover the Gundry textbook readings. Each test will be open-book/open-notes; contain multiple-choice, matching, and essay questions; and have a 1-hour time limit. (MLO: B, D)