A comprehensive survey of the New Testament books of Colossians through Revelation.
The New Testament describes for us the earthly ministry of Jesus Christ and the institution of His church. This knowledge is foundational to all other Bible study and personal living.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze both the history and theology of each New Testament book (Colossians through Revelation).
- Recount the most important persons, places, and events recorded in the New Testament (Colossians through Revelation).
- Discuss the teachings of the various New Testament authors.
- Describe the teaching of the New Testament concerning the Second Coming of Christ.
- Apply the teaching and spiritual principles of the New Testament to one’s own life.
Textbook Readings and Lecture Presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
The student is required to create a thread in response to the provided prompt for each discussion. Each thread must be at least 400 words and demonstrate course-related knowledge. In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to at least 2 other classmates’ threads. Each reply must be at least 200 words. (MLOs: A, B, C)
Article Summary and Response Assignments (2)
The student will write 2 Article Summary and Response papers on 2 separate articles of his/her choosing. Each Article Summary and Response will be 3–4 pages giving the student’s overall critique of the article and why he/she agrees or disagrees with the author. The assignments will be in current Turabian format and will be submitted through SafeAssign. (MLOs: A, C, E)
Each quiz will cover the Reading & Study materials for the designated modules: weeks stated in its instructions. Each quiz will be open-book/open-notes, contain 40 multiple-choice and true/false questions, and 1 essay question, and have a 60 minutes time limit. (MLOs: B, D)