A course in the principles of managing a funded startup enterprise through the various stages of growth and the principles of leading a team of employees to achieve organizational desired outcomes.
This course will prepare students to identify challenges that will face a startup enterprise and to develop plans and policies that will help the organization achieve the goals necessary to grow and thrive in the current market conditions.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Develop tactical plans for launching an enterprise into the appropriate marketspace and industry.
- Create contingency plans based on pro forma outcomes that differ from the original plans to launch the enterprise.
- Develop tactical plans that manage the enterprise through the various stages of the Product Life Cycle model.
- Integrate Christian Worldview within the field of entrepreneurship.
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to post a thread of 500–750 words to the provided prompt. Each thread must be supported by a minimum of 2 academic sources. The student must also reply to at least 2 other classmates’ threads. Replies must contribute a substantive response, amplify, or otherwise positively critique classmates’ scholarship. Each reply must be 250–400 words.
Tactical Plan Assignments (4)
The student will develop 4 tactical plans for the new enterprise developed in BUSI 336 and BUSI 338. Each tactical plan will consist of a paper in current APA format and of varying length (between 3 and 5 pages). Tactical plans will require application of course concepts, scholarly research, and biblical integration.
- Introduction Phase Tactical Plan Assignment
The student will develop a launch tactical plan for the new enterprise developed in BUSI 338 project.
- Growth and Maturity Tactical Plan Assignment
The student will develop a tactical plan for managing the growing and maturing enterprise based on the enterprise’s projected growth and revenues.
- Contingency Tactical Plan Assignment
The student will develop a contingency plan that considers changes in sales, expenses, and marketing strategies.
- Decline Phase Tactical Plan Assignment
The student will develop a tactical plan for managing the decline stage and exiting the enterprise.