Online Doctoral Education Degrees
Are you an education professional seeking terminal credentials? Do you have a passion for training up the next generation of thinkers and leaders? If so, Liberty University offers a wide variety of doctoral education degrees that can help you pursue your goals. Throughout our programs, you can enhance your knowledge of education administration, curriculum development, learning theory, research methods, and more.
As a pioneer in distance education, Liberty seeks to provide online courses that blend accessibility, affordability, and high-quality academics. Our Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degrees can help you pursue roles in research or teaching at the university level while giving you the opportunity to complete a dissertation and contribute to the base of knowledge in your field. In contrast, our Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) programs can equip you to solve practical problems in the field of education, particularly by allowing you to complete a final capstone project instead of a dissertation. With several degrees to choose from, you can select the program that best matches your interests and career goals.
Many of Liberty’s doctoral education degrees are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Additionally, Liberty is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. You can pursue your Ph.D. or Ed.D. with confidence knowing that our programs have met rigorous academic standards and accreditation requirements.
Our education doctorates are offered 100% online, so you’ll have the flexibility to complete your coursework on your schedule. Some of our programs also have optional on-campus intensives, giving you the opportunity to attend classes in-person and build valuable connections with your peers and professors. By studying under faculty who have years of experience working in education, you can prepare to lead with excellence and integrity in your career.
Available Doctoral Degrees in Education
Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
- Ed.D. in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership
- Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction
- Ed.D. in Educational Leadership
- Ed.D. in Higher Education Administration
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Ph.D. in Advanced Educational Studies
- Ph.D. in Education
- Ph.D. in Educational Leadership
- Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration – Educational Leadership
- Curriculum specialist
- Educational consultant
- Elementary educator
- Gifted education instructor
- Instructional supervisor
- Middle school educator
- Postsecondary education instructor
- School administrator
- Secondary school educator
- Special education instructor
- Training and development specialist
- University administrator/professor
Benefits of Liberty’s Online Doctoral Education Programs
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University’s state-of-the-art online learning environment offers a wide variety of learning methods, including simulations, recorded lectures, digital collaboration tools, and more to help you engage with your studies and learn practical teaching skills.
- Many of our doctoral education degrees are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through CAEP.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Our optional intensives give you the chance to visit our beautiful campus in Lynchburg, Va., and network in-person with your professors and peers.
- Completing an online Ed.D. or Ph.D. provides you with a terminal credential that shows employers you have reached the pinnacle of your field’s achievement.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for Ed.D. courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Military Discount for Ph.D. Students
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.