Information Technology (IT) Online Degree Programs
Organizations in all industries need skilled professionals with an Information Technology degree to design, run and maintain the technology that makes their organization function. Liberty University’s online Information Technology degrees equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in the expanding field of advanced technology. You will learn how to meet the growing need for application and database developers who are prepared to identify, address, and determine solutions and take on real-world projects in the field of technology. Liberty’s exciting Information Technology online degrees will not only challenge you to excel, but also provide you with quality training!
By pursuing one of our online associate, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degrees, you can gain the experience you need to land a dream job or master the highly complex skills needed in your career. Our IT degrees are an excellent way to take the first step toward your passion or to boost your career opportunities. Each online program is taught by seasoned professionals from a Christian worldview, so you can be confident that our IT program will prepare you for a potential career both professionally and spiritually.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Our programs are held to the highest standards with this accreditation, so you can rest assured you are pursuing a recognized, quality education. Our focus is to equip you with the most up-to-date training and tools you need to succeed in your career. Furthermore, our information systems bachelor’s degrees are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Potential Career Options
- Application Designer
- Creative Director
- Database Administrator
- Network Security Manager
- Security Analyst
- Web Developer
Available Degree Programs:
Bachelor’s Degrees Continued:
- B.S. in Information Technology – Application and Database Development
- B.S. in Information Technology – Data Networking and Security
- B.S. in Information Technology – Gaming Design
- B.S. in Information Technology – Web and Mobile Programming
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction – Educational Technology & Online Instruction
- M.S. in Information Systems – Information Assurance
- M.S. in Information Systems – Technology Management
- M.S. in Information Technology – Network Design & Security
- M.S. in Information Technology – Software Design & Management
- M.S. in Cyber Security
What Will You Learn?
Liberty University’s online information technology degrees take a fascinating hands-on approach to learning. Each of the classes integrates biblical principles with professional standards to ensure that you graduate with the in-demand skills employers are seeking. Whether you are seeking to work in the fast-paced gaming industry, as a web developer, or in any other career in IT, our information technology classes are designed to help you thrive as a professional!
Benefits of Earning an Information Technology Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online information technology degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses and $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder
- 8-week courses with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times
- Potential college credit for your military training
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.