Professor Smith is a Liberty University Alumni who started her nursing career on a Pulmonary Unit where she was able to strengthen her skillsets and improve patient outcomes at the bedside. After her time on Pulmonary, she went to work in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, where she found her love for the tiniest and most vulnerable patient population. There she served as a preceptor for new nurses and nursing students. She held a position on the unit’s leadership team, responded to high-risk deliveries as part of the Neonatal Emergency Team, and regularly served as charge nurse.
Later, Professor Smith became clinical adjunct for Liberty University School of Nursing within Health Assessment and Pediatric clinicals and has since transitioned to full-time faculty for Pediatric clinicals. She serves as lecturing faculty for the Pediatric Intensive within the ABSN program, as well. She has a passion for nursing education, implementing holistic care for the patient and family, and helping to instill Christ-like character qualities in the students’ nursing practice.
- National Association of Neonatal Nurses
- Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
- Virginia Nurses Association
- National League for Nursing
- NURS 210: Pre-licensure Health Assessment
- NURS 355: Nursing Care of Children
- NURS 341: Nursing Care of the Child Accelerated
- Holistic Care of the Pediatric Patient and Family
- Nursing Education
- Clinical Education