Dr. Vickie Moore brings 25 years of family nurse practitioner experience to the classroom. Dr. Moore started her nursing career as a perioperative nurse and perioperative educator. After graduation from the nurse practitioner program at Old Dominion University, she began her second career as a family nurse practitioner in the OB/GYN setting. Professor Moore worked as an undergrad adjunct professor for LUSON Online for many years prior to joining the DNP-FNP team early on in the FNP program teaching Women’s Health. As a full-time faculty, Dr. Moore teaches a variety of the FNP courses.
Dr. Moore and her husband Phil are lifelong residents of the Lynchburg area. They have a grown son and daughter who are both married and live in the Lynchburg area. They have three grandchildren. Dr. Moore and her husband love to travel and share the world with their friends and family.
Dr. Moore was involved in a medical mission to Jamaica for 18 years and considers this one of her greatest loves.
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Virginia Council of Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau International (LU Chapter)
- NURS 711: Advanced Physiology/Pathophysiology
- NURS 712: Advanced Health Assessment for Nurse Practitioners
- NURS 733: Women’s Health
- NURS 734: Family Nursing I Acute Health
- NURS 730/740/741: Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum I
- NURS 736/743/744: Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum II
- NURS 838: Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum III
- NURS 947-950: DNP Scholarly Project
- Women’s Health
- Short-term Medical Missions