Dr. Turner graduated from the University of Virginia with her BSN in 1997 and her MSN in 2004. In 2015, she completed her EdS degree from Liberty University. In 2018, she obtained her Doctorate in Education from Liberty University. Her dissertation was titled “The Relationship Between Test Of Essential Academic Skills And Nursing Final Course Grades For Sophomore Students In A Residential, Undergraduate, Pre-Licensure Bachelor Of Science Nursing Program.” She has worked as a Labor and Delivery nurse for 17 years and thrives in teaching students to love the labor process and the pathophysiology of pregnancy complications. Dr. Turner enjoys participating in recruiting events for LUSON and connecting with students within the program.
- Association of Women’s Health, Obstetrics and Neonatal Nursing
- National League for Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- NURS 200 Nursing Process Application
- NURS 210 Health Assessment
- NURS 215 Pathophysiology
- NURS 220 Advanced Nursing Communication
- NURS 352 Caring for the Childbearing Family I
- NURS 466 Advanced Critical Care II
- NURS 490 Transition to Practice
- NURS 523 Financial and Resource Management for Nurse Leaders
- NURS 624 Nursing Administration II: Organizational Leadership and Management
- NURS 625 Nursing Administration III: Management of Resources
Publications (peer-reviewed articles)
- Turner, T., Highton, M., Miller, K., & Bruffy, A. (2019, September). Improving communication and collaboration between nursing and medical students through an obstetrical interprofessional simulation experience. NLN Summit 2019, National Harbor, MD
- Turner, T. M. (2010). A Journey Through Joy and Grief. Nursing for Women’s Health, 14(4), 346-348.
- Kirk, S.E., West, A.E., Bidlingmaier, M., Dunn, C.R., Wu, Z., Turner, T.M., & Strasburger, C.J.; “Third Trimester Growth Hormone-Variant (GH-V) Levels are Inversely Related to Maternal Body Weight in Women with Well-Controlled Gestational, Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus,” Abstract P-343, 85th Annual Meeting of the Endocrine Society, Philadelphia, June 2003.
- Turner, T. M. & McCraw, S. (2019). Hands and feet clinic. Virginia Nursing Student Association State Conference. Harrisonburg, VA.
- Turner, T.M., Joseph, R.A., Whorley, E. G., Akers, S. W., & Goodrich, C. (2021). Impact of COVID-19 on nursing faculty: A mixed-method study. Sigma 46th Biennial Convention (Poster)
- Joseph, R.A., Turner, T.M., Whorley, E. G., Akers, S. W., & Goodrich, C. (2022). Nursing Faculty in Higher Education in the U.S. During a Pandemic: How Leadership Can Support? CTE, LU (January 2022) (Best conference poster award)
- Joseph, R.A., Turner, T.M., Whorley, E. G., Akers, S. W., & Goodrich, C. (2022). Nursing faculty in higher education in the U.S. during a pandemic: How leadership can support. AACN Faculty practice Pre-Conference, Naples, FL (January 2022)
- Joseph, R.A., Turner, T.M., Lee, C.W., Whorley, E.G., Akers, S.W., & Goodrich, C. Factors associated with PTSD among nursing students during the COVID-19 pandemic: A mixed-methods study. Journal of Christian Nursing.
- Joseph, R.A., Kavitha, K, Singh, M. & Turner, T.M. (2022 January). COVID-19 Pandemic and Nursing Students in India: Stress, Depression, and Coping Behaviors. CTE, LU (January 2022)
- Joseph, R.A., Kavitha, K, Singh, M. & Turner, T.M. (2022 January). COVID-19 pandemic and nursing students in India: Stress, depression, and coping behaviors. AACN Doctoral Conference, Naples, FL (January 2022). First place for Poster presentations
- Joseph, R.A., Ali, N., Shattnawi, K., Kavitha, K, Singh, M. & Turner, T.M. (2022). Mental health in nursing students during the pandemic: Comparing lower-middle- and high-income countries. Sigma Theta Tau International Congress, 2022, Edinburgh, Scotland (July/August 2022).
- Joseph, R.A., Akers, S.W., Lee, C.W., Turner, T.M., Whorley, E.G., & Goodrich, C. (2021). Impact of a pandemic on doctoral nursing students. AACN Doctoral Conference. Virtual. Jan 20-22, 2021 (Poster)
- Akers, S. W., Joseph, R.A., Turner, T.M., Whorley, E. G., & Goodrich, C. (2022). Psychological well-being and religiosity of university students during the pandemic: An exploratory study. Sigma Theta Tau International Congress, 2022, Edinburgh, Scotland (July/August 2022).
- Nursing School Retention
- Nursing Student Resilience
- Diabetes in Pregnancy