Dr. Shade Odedina, Associate Professor in the Doctor in Nursing Practice Program, obtained her Doctorate at the University of Virginia. She completed her Post Masters Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner at the University of Virginia. Dr. Odedina also received a Master of Science in Family Nurse Practitioner at D’Youville College in Buffalo, New York.
She is nationally certified as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner by the American Credentialing Center and Family Nurse Practitioner certification by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. She has been in the psychiatric field since 1997 after graduating with her first degree in Health Sciences, Psychology, Health and Human Services with Community Mental Health, and Psychology from University at Buffalo, New York.
Dr. Odedina has participated in infertility research and health promotion projects for high-risk women with substance abuse issues. Other projects that she has developed or participate in include sickle cell adolescents with self-esteem issues, diabetes intensive therapy for mental health individuals with uncontrolled diabetes, quality improvement project, and wellness programs for individuals with mental illness.
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- American Nurses Credentialing Center
- American Nurses Association
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing, Beta Kappa and Psi Delta Chapter
- Virginia Council of Nurse Practitioners
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- NURS 712 Advanced Health Assessment for Nurse Practitioners (Lab/Simulation)
- NURS 730 Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum I
- NURS 751 Neurobiology and Differential Diagnosis
- NURS 753 Psychotherapeutic Theories, Modalities and Frameworks
- NURS 754 Psychiatric Mental Health Practicum I
- NURS 755 Psychiatric Mental Health Practicum II
- NURS 821 PMHNP Comprehensive Exam
- NURS 840 DNP Practicum I