Dr. Deidra Simpson is an Associate Professor of Pharmacology for BSN, MSN, and DNP students. She has served in many roles as a Clinical Pharmacist and Educator. Her specialty is cardiology with an interest specifically in Long QT Syndrome having served as a Cardiology and Pulmonary Critical Care Specialist at Greater Baltimore Medical Center. Dr. Simpson is passionate about teaching and evaluating teaching methods that result in changed behavior, while an Academic Detailer and Assistant Faculty at the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy. Dr. Simpson also served as a missionary in East Asia and considers it a privilege to be the International Student Support Faculty for the School of Nursing, providing mentorship and support for the International Students and TCKs within the program. Having been a military spouse which required frequent transitions, she has had experiences in various aspects of pharmacy from consulting, clinical practice, and ambulatory care practice. However, teaching has always been her passion. Her greatest joy is knowing the students personally, speaking truth and life into their lives.
- NURS 70 International Student Support
- NURS 305 Pharmacology
- NURS 306 Pharmacology II
- NURS 504 Advanced Pharmacology
- NURS 752 Clinical Psychopharmacology
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Christian Pharmacist’s Fellowship International
- Simpson, D. Here I am Lord, Send Me: Speaking Truth and Making Disciples Wherever You May Be. Christianity and Pharmacy. 2022: 25(1): 17-18.
- May F, Simpson D, Hart L, Rowett D, Perrier D. Experience with academic detailing for quality improvement in primary care practice. Quality and Safety in Health Care. 2009; 18: 225-231.
- Hammond J, Hart L, Jackowski L, Simpson D, Thies D. DATIS Review of Frequently Asked Questions Relating to Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Lexington, KY 2005
- Simpson D, Hart L, Braddon J, Gailer J, Hammond J, Thies D, Jackowski, L. DATIS Review of the Management of Type 2 Diabetes. US Version. Lexington, KY 2005.
- Simpson D, Hart L. DATIS Review of Frequently Asked Questions Relating to Managing Risks in Chronic Nonmalignant Pain. Lexington, KY 2004.
- Simpson D, Hart L, Gailer J, Rowett, D. DATIS Review of Managing Risks in Chronic Nonmalignant Pain. Lexington, KY 2004.
- Simpson D, Hart L. DATIS Review of Frequently Asked Questions Relating to Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Lexington, KY 2003.
- Braddon J, Gailer J, Simpson D, Hart L, Rowett, D. DATIS Review of the Management of Type 2 Diabetes. US Version. Lexington, KY 2003.
- Teaching Methods that Change Behavior
- Functional Integrative Pharmacology