Placement Auditions – Center for Music Education & Performance
Due to COVID-19 all placement auditions will be completed by video submission.
All incoming School of Music students must complete a vocal or instrumental placement audition for the School of Music.
- Placement Auditions are designed for our faculty to get to know you and your musicianship. Based upon your audition, our faculty will place you in the appropriate studio for your applied lessons.
- Incoming Students should complete their Placement Audition on their primary instrument.
- While any incoming student may declare a specific music major upon acceptance to Liberty University, the Placement Audition does not by itself secure entrance into a music degree program. This decision is made at the end of the sophomore year, upon successful completion of the Sophomore Review – a required evaluation for each declared School of Music major in order to proceed in his or her chosen program of study.
- Placement Auditions also serve as application to be considered for School of Music Scholarships. Visit our Scholarship Page for more information.
- Placement Auditions may be completed In-Person or via Video Submission. Please see below for details.
In-Person Placement Auditions
Placement Auditions for the Center for Music & Worship are scheduled in conjunction with the College For A Weekend (CFAW) dates.
To schedule an audition time, contact the appropriate individual below:
- Vocal – Dr. Samantha Miller, Coordinator of Vocal Studies; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keyboard – Dr. Tad Hardin, Coordinator of Piano and Keyboard Studies; email@example.com
- Guitar – Dr. Michael Brennan, Coordinator of Guitar Studies; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strings – Dr. Luca Trombetta, Coordinator of Strings Studies; email@example.com
- Woodwind – Dr. Cassandra Hibbard, Coordinator of Woodwind Studies; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brass – Dr. Andrew Phillips, Coordinator of Brass Studies; email@example.com
- Percussion – Mr. Jay Ware, Coordinator of Percussion and Drum Set Studies; firstname.lastname@example.org
For those incoming students who are not able to complete a live audition for placement into your private lessons, you will need to submit a video audition.
- Incoming Students must submit 2 contrasting video recordings based on the criteria set below.
- Both video recordings should be submitted to the appropriate Coordinator of your Primary Instrument (see above listing of Coordinators).
- In addition to your video recordings, please include the following information in your email to the Coordinator:
- Full Name
- Liberty University ID
- Primary Instrument
- Intended Major
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.