B.M. in Commercial Music – Artist Development
Residential Commercial Music – Artist Development Program (B.M.)
Learn what it takes for high-level stage and studio artistry with your B.M. in Commercial Music: Artist Development degree from Liberty University. The music industry needs capable stage artists who represent the Lord Jesus Christ in excellence, integrity, character, and example. This program offers the foundation you need to walk this kind of pathway while gaining performance, presentation, and preparation skills. Prepare for success in the music industry and performance marketplace through your studies, individual coaching, and group interactions.
Study under experienced professors who are grounded in their Christian faith and integrate a biblical worldview into the classroom. Professors in this degree program hold advanced and terminal degrees in music, as well as decades of real-world experience in the music industry.
The Liberty University School of Music features 50 state-of-the-art practice rooms, smart classrooms, and a world-class concert hall. It also features the 1,600 square foot Mathena Recording Studio, which offers an extraordinary level of music production options and studio project services for students and professional artists, alike.
- The degree requires a local practicum and an extensive internship experience within the music industry.
- Students interested in this program must pass a special audition in order to be accepted into the program’s upper-level training.
Academic Information for the B.M. in Commercial Music: Artist Development
127 credit hours
Program of Study
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Artist Development Courses You Could Take
- Concert Promotions and Tour Management (CMUS 261)
- Artist Presentation I (MUSC 279)
- Artist Spiritual Formation (MUSC 373)
- Commercial Music Industry Seminar (MUSC 436)
Start Your Career in Commercial Music
Career Opportunities for Commercial Music: Artist Development Graduates
- Stage Musician
- Studio Musician
- Session Artist
- Music Industry Collaborative Artist
- Music Producer/Performer
- Worship Leader