Tuition Assistance (TA) – Coast Guard
Below is a snapshot of what Coast Guard Tuition Assistance will cover. To determine your eligibility for this benefit, you may review the information on the Coast Guard’s TA Policies web page, or contact your Education Office directly.
- Active Duty or Reservists on long term orders (180 days+) are eligible
- Covers up to $250.00 per credit hour
- Fiscal year cap of $3750
What You Need to Know
If you have not used Coast Guard Tuition Assistance before, your first step is to contact your Education Office for assistance with getting started. You will need to make sure your military TA account is updated with the degree you will be pursuing at Liberty University and you are aware of all of the Coast Guard’s requirements and regulations for using military TA.
We’ve outlined a few items below to be aware of as you utilize your Tuition Assistance at Liberty University:
- The Coast Guard requires you to request TA within 90-16 days prior to the start date of the course. Funding requests cannot be approved on or after the course start date. See the TA Request Timeframe chart for more information.
- You will manually enter the course information on your TA request. Make sure you have all the correct information before you submit your request. The information needed includes:
- The course subject code and number (ex: ENGL 100)
- The course title (ex: Basic Composition)
- The course dates (ex: Spring B term, 1/13/20 – 3/6/20)
- The number of credit hours (semester hours)
- Your TA authorization must be signed by you and your Education Office in order for us to process the form.
- Once your TA has been approved, you must submit the signed authorization form to us by fax: (434) 455-1287 or email: LUMilitary@liberty.edu. Please be sure you submit this form by the TA Form deadline associated with your term of enrollment.**The last four digits of your social security number may be visible on your TA form. You may black out this information and replace it with your Liberty ID before you fax or email your form to us.
- We will automatically submit your grades to the military for TA courses within 30 days of the course end date. However, it is your responsibility to make sure this information is received. Please let us know if you have any concerns about your grades being submitted on time.