The purpose of the Admissions Checklist is to provide the framework of an initial
application submitted through the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS) up to Orientation Week.
Upon review of a submitted AACOMAS Application, a prospective student will receive a Liberty University username and identification number to log in via myLU. This identification is to be used to complete the LUCOM Supplemental Application (3rd step). Once completed, a prospective student should proceed through the Admissions Checklist.
An automated Admissions Checklist with indication of completed steps is currently in production; until completed use the list below for reference on how to proceed.
- AACOMAS Application
- Claim Liberty University ID/Email
- Review Academic Document: LUCOM Student Handbook
- LU Secondary Application
a. Application Fee $50
b. Recommendation Letters **
- ASIST Account
a. Retrieve Liberty University Student ID #
b. Update Contact Information
- Invitation/Schedule Interview
- Admission Decision
- Initial Deposit ($500)
- Final Deposit ($1,500)
- Complete Academic Form:
Academic Standards, Code of Conduct, & Media Policy Agreement
a. Student signature required
- FAFSA (if receiving federal aid)
- Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling (if using federal loans)
- Graduate Plus Loan Application (if applicable)
- Complete Academic Form: Background Check
- Complete Academic Form: Drug Screen
- Complete Academic Form: Student Health and Physical Report
- Complete Academic Form: Immunizations and Titers
- Proof of Insurance
- Final College Transcript(s)
- Fall Class Schedule (administratively registered)
- Financial Check-In
- Flames Pass
- Media Release (given during Orientation)
- Orientation Week. July 28-31, 2015
- White Coat Ceremony. August 1, 2015
**Letters of Recommendation. A letter of recommendation from each of the following will only be accepted: an osteopathic physician (D.O.), a premedical advisory committee or science faculty member who is familiar with academic work of the applicant, and other (employer, pastor, mission/medical outreach coordinator, an allopathic physician (M.D.), etc.). View more information related to the letters of recommendation.
Should you experience technical difficulties logging into your Liberty University account, please communicate with the LU Helpdesk by calling toll-free (866) 447-2869. Be sure to include your LU username and identification number.