- PhD, Old Dominion University
- BS, Guangzhou Medical University
- Integument and Muscoskeletal Systems – IMSK
- Endocrine and Reproductive Systems – ENDREP
- Advanced Human Anatomy
- Association of Anatomists
- American Medical Association
- Christian Medical and Dental Association
- Medical Society of Virginia
Dr. Bo Liu graduated from Guangzhou Medical University, Guangdong, China, with a Bachelor degree in Clinical Medicine in 2009 and completed a one-year medical internship in Guangzhou First Municipal Hospital. He continued his study and pursued his Biomedical PhD degree in Old Dominion University (ODU) and successfully graduated as Biomedical Science PhD, December 2014.
As one of the graduate students of R. James Swanson in ODU, Dr. Liu’s research interest was in toxicities, teratogenicity, and mechanisms of compounds, chemicals, drugs and materials on in vivo and in vitro gametes and preimplantation embryos. Meanwhile, outside the laboratory and set aside from the medical school anatomy training, he was also strictly trained with Physical Therapy (PT) students in Advanced Human Anatomy in summer 2011 at ODU and continued to be a teaching assistant for PT students’ anatomy training in two consecutive years of summer 2012 and 2013. He also served as a teaching assistant of anatomy for fall semester biology students before coming to LUCOM Department of Anatomical Sciences.
- Toxicities, teratogenicity, mechanisms of compounds, chemicals, drugs, and materials
- Proliferation, invasion, and metastasis of breast cancer