Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) – Health Policy
Influence Policy with Our Master’s in Nursing – Health Policy Degree
Are you interested in using your nursing background and experience to positively influence healthcare policy at the local, state, or national level? Liberty University’s master’s degree in nursing with a specialization in health policy will give you the opportunity to utilize your nursing license in a way that will impact health policy and improve the lives of others.
Through our MSN in Health Policy, you will gain the knowledge you need to work with leaders and government officials to improve healthcare in your community and across the nation. An MSN in Health Policy can advance your career and place you in a position to advocate for patients at top decision-making levels.
At this time, our School of Nursing programs are limited in certain states. Please view the licensure/certification requirements for your state: https://www.liberty.edu/statelicensure/. International students can contact the School of Nursing for questions about admission to their specific degree of interest.
What Will You Learn in Our MSN – Health Policy Program?
- Health policy and ethics
- Managing population health
- Domestic policy
Liberty University’s online master’s degree in nursing with a specialization in health policy will allow you to expand your current knowledge of nursing practices and apply critical thinking skills to the healthcare issues that our communities face on a daily basis. You will learn how to analyze healthcare laws, regulations, and policies, as well as devise strategies to advocate for policy change and plan and implement new policies in health.
Through our MSN in Health Policy, you will experience relevant cross training in nursing, government, and business that will allow you to use your skills to bring positive change to your community and communities around the globe. The practicum in this degree will give you practical experience interacting with executive management, leadership, and policy-making processes and activities.
Potential Career Options with an MSN Degree in Health Policy
- Elected official
- Health services research analyst
- Healthcare provider associate
- Legislative analyst/assistant
- Lobbying arm of professional organization
MSN Program Benefits
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online master’s degree in nursing – health policy degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our MSN – Health Policy program in as little as 1.5 years.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education degree by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Jun 20, 2022