Doctor of Nursing Practice – Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Care for the Full Spectrum of Patient Needs with Liberty’s Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) – Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
To help nursing professionals get the specialized mental health training they need to minister to all of their patients’ needs, Liberty University developed the 100% online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. For nursing professionals with a Master of Science in Nursing and Nurse Practitioner certification with experience in the field, this Doctor of Nursing track will help establish further advanced training in nursing administration, nursing care best practices, and mental health that will support patient outcomes while providing a pathway to sit for additional, specialized certification.
On both a national and global level, there is a high need for Christ-filled nurses specializing in mental health to serve in professional mental health roles. This growing career field needs individuals like you to meet the needs of psychiatric patients, equipped to tackle any issue which may arise with professionalism and decorum. You will obtain the skills required for providing patient care with the mastery needed in the field. This program is an excellent choice for nurse practitioners, who have already acquired licensure, to complete a DNP degree.
At this time, our School of Nursing programs are limited in certain states. Please view the licensure/certification requirements for your state: https://www.liberty.edu/statelicensure/. International students can contact the School of Nursing for questions about admission to their specific degree of interest.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctor of Nursing Practice – Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Degree Program?
- Clinical psychopharmacology
- Psychotherapeutic theories and frameworks
- Theoretical application for advanced practice nursing
Liberty’s DNP program which focuses on psychiatric mental health is designed to provide you with the opportunity to obtain the education necessary for the American Nurse Credentialing Center Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner exam. Each of your DNP classes will help you develop the ability and skills needed to provide patient care with a level of expertise required in the industry.
Through the completion of your DNP training, you will be able to further your career as a leader prepared to address the critical shortage of mental health care providers in the United States and around the world.
Potential Careers with a Doctor of Nursing Practice – Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Degree
- Clinical researcher
- Nursing administrator
- Psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner
- Social services programs
Our Doctor of Nursing Practice – Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program Benefits
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online Doctor of Nursing Practice – Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years.* While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our Doctor of Nursing Practice – Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner online degree program in 3 years or less.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees. The online nursing Program (Doctor of Nursing Practice) is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and is approved by the Virginia State Board of Nursing.
*Please note: Effective Spring 2022, tuition rates for Liberty’s PMHNP programs have increased. For details, please see our tuition and fees page: https://www.liberty.edu/online/tuition-and-fees/.
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Jun 20, 2022