Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision
Mentor Students with a Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision
People often need help to face mental, physical, and spiritual battles. A counselor has a life-long impact on clients they assist and support through personal growth and crises, and these counselors need to be prepared by skilled and experienced teachers. Through Liberty University’s online Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision, you will gain the skills needed to make a lasting difference in the lives of others by advancing your own practice and raising up a new generation of counselors to make an impact for Christ.
Counselors face a different situation with every client, making it essential to have expertise in a broad range of techniques. Through our Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision, you will learn to develop the critical thinking, leadership, and clinical skills needed to impart knowledge and training to other counselors so they will be prepared for their careers. As a pioneer in distance learning since 1985 and a Christian university ranked in the top 1% of 2,100 online colleges, Liberty combines academic excellence with a biblical worldview.
Our online Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision degree is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), so you can be confident that this biblically-based counseling degree meets rigorous standards and will be respected in the industry.
If you want to invest in counseling students and be a leader in your counseling practice, Liberty’s online Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision will give you the skills and expertise you need.
What Will You Learn in the Ph.D. in Counseling Online Degree?
- Qualitative research techniques
- Advanced human growth and development topics that will give you insights into counseling practice that you can pass on to your students
- In-depth counseling theories that are on the cutting edge of foundational mental health research
- Teaching and leadership techniques that will help you mentor counselors and mental health professionals in your practice
Our CACREP-accredited Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision will equip you with the leadership and clinical capabilities needed to make an impact in your practice. Your online counseling degree classes will cover a range of techniques and treatment plans that are essential for a comprehensive approach to treatment and mental health support. You will gain advanced, evidence-based counseling training with real-world experience in teaching and leadership under the mentorship of counseling professionals. Through Liberty University’s Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision, you will equip counselors to help individuals handle the mental, physical, and spiritual battles they are facing.
Potential Career Opportunities with a Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision
- Advanced clinician
- Faculty member
- Program director, manager, or developer
Highlights of Liberty University’s Online Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and as one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online counselor education and supervision degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our doctorate degree in as little as 3.5 years with the integrated dissertation.
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Mar 22, 2021