Library Room Reservation and Request Procedure
University units, groups, and individuals, including registered student groups and University-sponsored groups, may apply to use the meeting rooms in the Jerry Falwell Library.
Approval of requests is subject to compliance with reservation policies and room availability. Requests by persons or groups external to Liberty University should be made by contacting Liberty’s event office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy establishes guidelines for individuals and groups reserving rooms that are not considered Group Study Rooms. It includes but may not be limited to the following rooms:
- 001 - Conference Room(s) (A/B)
- 050 - Esbenshade Atrium (Lower)
- 150 - Esbenshade Atrium (Upper)
- 171 - Active Learning Classroom
- 362 - Scholars Conference Room
- 380 - Scholars Lounge
Reserve A Room
Requests by individuals or groups are made through 25Live. The necessary Room Reservation Form is found on the Library’s website under Room Reservations. Requesters will be contacted by the Facility Manager to establish the validity of the request, confirm the date and time of the request, and define the needs and responsibilities of each party, including setup/tear down, locking/unlocking of doors, cleaning, and availability of furniture and technology.
Unlike the other rooms, the Esbenshade Atrium is reserved through Liberty’s Event Office. Once an event is scheduled, the Facilities Manager will coordinate necessary arrangements for the space.
- Spaces are available to reserve only during library hours. Events may begin 30 minutes after library opening and must conclude 30 minutes before library closing.
- Reservations should be made at least 3 business days in advance of need.
- Reservations can be made up to 1 year in advance.
- Cancellations need to be made 24 hours before a scheduled event. Repeated no-shows or cancelations may result in loss of room scheduling privileges.
- In scheduling your event, consider leaving a 30 minute cushion before and after the times requested to allow for set up and clean up.
- Rooms may be re-assigned if needed at the discretion of the library staff. Advance notice will be given if re-assignment is necessary.
- Rooms must be left in good condition, the way they are found. Food leftovers must be removed and furniture replaced in its original position. Failure to comply with this policy will result in a loss of scheduling privileges.
- Special requests for furniture not already available in the room must be made through the Facilities Manager.
- Special requests for media equipment not already available in the room must be made through Media Services & Classroom Support. The Jerry Falwell Library is not responsible for picking up or returning equipment rented from Media Services & Classroom Support.
- Catered events will be scheduled in the Conference Room unless special permission is given for food to be served in other areas of the library.
- Access to the catering kitchen adjacent to the Conference Room is arranged through the Facilities Manager.
- No lighted candles are permitted anywhere in the library. Heat for food service containers must be monitored by catering services.
- Request for rooms not mentioned will be handled on an individual basis. This includes request to setup tables in corridors.
- Requests to accommodate regularly scheduled classes in the library will be considered on an individual basis. For permission contact the Associate Dean for Research and Customer Service.
For more information regarding spaces that are available for reservation in the library, please call (434) 582-2220.
This policy is subject to change at any time.