InterLibrary Loan Policy
- Undergraduate students: 25 books checked out, checkout period – 30 days.
- Graduate students: limit of 35 books checked out, checkout period – 30 days.
- Book(s) may be renewed for one additional 30 day check-out period, unless someone else has requested the book(s).
- Fines for overdue books will be $.20 per day. There is a $10.00 maximum fine per item.
- No check-out limit on articles
- No overdue fees
Residential Students, Faculty, and Staff
Items can be picked up at and returned to the Customer Service Desk.
Faculty requests will be delivered unless specified otherwise.
- Non-article items: up to 20
excluding faculty and doctoral students
- Articles: there is no limit for article requests
- Articles have no due date and are yours to keep.
- Non-article materials will have a label indicating the due date.
The length of the loan depends on the lending library's policies.
- Renewal requests must be submitted before the item's due date.
- The earlier your request, the more likely you will get a renewal.
- Items can only be renewed one time.
Request a Renewal
- Log in to ILLiad.
- Click on "Checked Out Items" under "View" on the left-side menu.
- Click on the Transaction Number of the request you wish to renew.
- Click the "Renew Request" link at the top of the page.
Please Note: your request has not yet been approved. We will contact you by e-mail regarding the status of the request. If after a week, you have not heard from the InterLibrary Loan office concerning your request, it is your responsibility to contact the office. Failure to do so can result in overdue charges.
- Textbooks are not available through the InterLibrary Loan system.
- Any item that is not consistent with the Liberty Way.
An InterLibrary Loan is usually free. If there are any costs, we will e-mail you before proceeding.
Fines are non-refundable
Faculty members are not assessed overdue charges unless the Library is billed by the lending library.
- Overdue item: $1 per day
- Lost item: Replacement cost + overdue fines
- Items more than 28 days overdue are declared lost.
- Item not picked up: $5
- You must inform the ILL office to cancel an item request.
- Removing item label: $2
- If you have an overdue item, ILLIAD will block your account. You must return the item to resume use.
- A history of overdue or damaged items may result in indefinite suspension.
- The Library reserves the right to block or suspend any user’s InterLibrary Loan privileges.
Contact InterLibrary Loan for account assistance: email@example.com
This policy is subject to change at any time.