InterLibrary Loan - Online Students
You can request books owned by the Liberty Library and articles that aren't available in full-text online.
InterLibrary Loan Policies/Fines
Make a Request
Requests for items in the Liberty University Library collections (books, physical journal articles) must be made through ILLiad, your InterLibrary Loan account.
- Log in
- Fill out request
- Click on "Outstanding Requests" under "View" on the left-side menu.
- Click on the Transaction Number of the request you wish to cancel.
- Click the "Cancel Request" link at the top of the page.
If an article is not available in full-text online through one of the library's databases, we will scan it from our print collection or request it from another library. Articles are usually free of charge.
Use Journal Finder to search for specific journal articles that may have immediate full-text access online.
Books borrowed from other libraries through InterLibrary Loan can only be picked up in person at the library.
Books requested from our collection will be shipped to online students.
- Books will usually be shipped the same or the next business day from when the request is received.
- Books are typically sent via FedEx Ground, but in some instances USPS will be used instead.
- Please allow 7-10 days for delivery of books.
- Overnight shipping is available upon request, but customers must pay for this higher shipping cost.
Make sure your InterLibrary Loan account information is up to date so items can be delivered. This is not automatically updated when you update your Liberty University Online account information.
Protect yourself - use certified mail, or get a tracking number.