Current status: Liberty University is operating under normal conditions.
To report an emergency:
Dial 3911 from any Liberty University phone or (434) 592-3911 from any cell or off-campus phone. Pre-programming your phone with this number (including area code) will save time during an emergency.
During an emergency:
In the event of an emergency, notification will include use of:
- The outdoor sirens of the Liberty University Emergency Warning System
- Announcement on the portal pages of the www.liberty.edu website
- Mass email to all Liberty University email addresses
- Announcement on WRVL radio 88.3 FM
A second notice will be distributed when safety has been restored.
Emergency Notification System
On March 16, 2009, Liberty University went live with the Campus Alerting System.
The Liberty University Police Department would like to remind and encourage all students, staff and faculty to take advantage of the Smart Message Alerts, and sign up for this free service at http://www.liberty.edu/administration/lupd/index.cfm?PID=24948
In the event that you receive a telephone bomb threat:
- Remain calm
- Keep the caller on the phone for as long as possible
- Gather any information that the caller is willing and able to give you
- Listen for any sounds that may give clues to the caller's whereabouts and/or the identity of the caller
- Contact LUPD immediately
During the call, utilize the Bomb Threat Checklist Form, found at the link below:
Response to an Active Shooter - What you should do.
Run, Hide, Fight - Click to watch the video.