|Email Us >>|
|Design Prompt >>|
1st Place: Award & $100 Gift Card
2nd Place: $50 Gift Card
3rd Place: $25 Gift Card
*Note: all participants will receive free SWAG from Adobe and dinner.
November 30, 2017
6:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Green Hall, Rooms 1500 D & F
Adobe Design Wars
Do you like a battle? Are you creative? Would you like to put your design skills to the test? If you are a designer, then this is the competition for you!
Students across the university will be competing for a chance to further their design experience, win prizes, and promote their work across the University. This event is open to any student with any design style. Only 50 spots are available, so don't wait to sign-up!
What do I need to bring?
All you need to bring are your creative juices! We will e-mail you the night before so you can begin developing a wireframe of the design based on the event theme, logos, and important information. Computers, logos, and any other resources will be provided to you at the event!
|5:30 PM - 6:00 PM||Check-In|
|6:00 PM - 7:00 PM||Dinner and Event Overview|
|7:00 PM - 8:30 PM||Session #1 - Participants are released to design.|
|8:30 PM - 9:00 PM||Coffee Break - Students may collaborate and seek feedback on their design.|
|9:00 PM - 10:30 PM||Session #2 - Participants are released to continue designing. (5-minute & 15-minute warnings will be given before work must be printed out and submitted.)|
|10:30 PM - 11:00 PM||Work is Judged - Judges review all submitted work and chose winners.|
|11:00 PM||Winners Announced.|
Adobe Design War Requirements & Rules:
1. All participants will have a total of three hours to complete a logo, poster, and a social media graphic for the announced theme.
2. Students are allowed to use stock graphics.
3. Students must use an Adobe Creative Cloud product(s) for this assignment. (Ex. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Experience Design, Project Felix, etc.)
4. Students are not permitted to work in groups, however, they are allowed to seek feedback and crique from their peers.
5. The design must contain all required information (dates, names, spelling, etc). If the individual fails to incorporate the required information provided in the project prompt, then they will be disqualified.
6. Students are not permitted to work on the design in any digital medium prior to the event. Students CANNOT bring, email, share, store online pre-designed project files for access, use, or starting points. Any student caught will be eliminated from the competition. All files must be original and not contain a start date prior to the event. Hand-drawn wireframes, written concepts, photography, props, and other physical supplies are permitted.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please email ISfeedback@Liberty.edu.