When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.
Apply Give

LU Transfer Credit Information

If you are thinking of applying, have been accepted, or you are a current student who plans to take a course at another institution, please refer to the links below.

Frequently Asked Questions

Take a Course at Another Institution

As a current or prospective student, you can obtain pre-approval that a course at another institution will equate to a Liberty University course by submitting a Transient Request.

  • ATTENTION: If you desire to take a course at a Virginia or North Carolina community college, it may already be preapproved (thus, this form is unnecessary).  Preapproved courses may be viewed on the LU Transfer Equivalency Guides.
  • All Transfer Evaluation Guides are living documents and are subject to change.

Prospective Student Consultation

As a prospective transfer student, you will want to apply for an Unofficial Transfer Consultation (UTC) and have a consultant review your unofficial transcripts to determine:

  • What credit can be awarded
  • What courses equate to Liberty University courses
  • How the credit awarded applies to your Degree Completion Plan

Course Substitutions for DCP

If you were awarded an elective (or any) course and want it to apply towards a requirement on your DCP, please submit a Course Substitution. If approved, the course will apply to your Degree Completion Plan (DCP) where appropriate.

Advanced Placement (AP) Credit

Once you have been accepted to Liberty University and the official College Board reports for your AP credit have been received, the appropriate credit, based on Liberty University departmental guidelines, will be awarded.

Transfer credits not showing in ASIST

When your transfer evaluation is being updated, the previous transfer credits are temporarily not viewable but will reappear shortly with any new transfer credits.

Convert Quarter Hours into Semester Hours

Liberty University multiplies quarter hours by 0.67. For example, if you have earned 6 quarter hours they will be converted to 4 semester hours.

Find More Forms

Forms that do not appear on the web must be obtained from the Registrar's Office or your Academic Advisor.

Developmental Courses

Developmental and remedial courses are not transferable and will not count toward your degree at Liberty University.

Chat Live
Request Info
Apply Now
Visit Liberty