Developmental Math prepares you for the college-level math course appropriate for your major.
- To offer math courses to build the algebra knowledge and skills of students who are not prepared for college–level math courses
- To encourage the development of study habits and work ethic that will lead to success in math courses
- To reduce math anxiety and dispel myths about math
- To build confidence in ability to do math and a positive attitude toward math
- To place students in math classes based on their current knowledge, where they will be challenged but not overwhelmed or frustrated
"Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith." Hebrews 12:1a-2b