Director, Pastoral Leadership
Professor, Biblical Studies and Pastoral Ministries
- B.D., Arlington Baptist College, 1973
- B.S., Lynchburg Baptist College, 1975
- M.Ed., Lynchburg College, 1978
- Ed.S., Lynchburg College, 1982
- Th.M, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary 2012
- D.Min., Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary, 1993
- Associate Dean/Professor, Boyce College at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, Kentucky, 1999-2012
- President, Lexington Baptist College, Lexington, Kentucky, 1994-1999
- Professor/Administrator Liberty University and Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary, Lynchburg, Virginia, 1978-1994
- Administrator/Guidance Counselor, Lynchburg Christian Academy, Lynchburg, Virginia, 1978-1980
- Athletic Director/ Adjunct Professor, Arlington Baptist College, Arlington, Texas, 1972-1973
- 2010- 2012, Pastor at Corinth Baptist Church, McQuady, KY
- 2009-2010, Interim Pastor at First Baptist Church, Fisherville, KY
- 2008-2009, Interim Pastor at Immanuel Baptist church, Glasgow, KY
- 2006-2007, Interim Pastor at Valley View Church, Louisville, KY
- 1999-2012, Youth & Family Consultant to twenty-one (21) Churches KY & IN, the International Center for Youth Ministry, the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- 1999-2001, College/Career Pastor, Louisville, KY, Highview Baptist Church
- 1994-1999, Associate Pastor of Youth & Family Ministries, Lexington, KY, Ashland Avenue Baptist Church
- 1973-1994, Associate Preaching Pastor of Youth & Family Ministries Lynchburg, VA, Thomas Road Baptist Church
- 1985-1994, Associate pastor to Adult Ministries
- 1979-1994, Administrative Youth and Family Pastor
- 1979-1982, High School Student Minister
- 1973-1979, Middle School Student Minister
- 1970-1973, Associate Pastor to Youth & Family Ministry, Arlington, TX, Central Baptist Church
- Dissertation: 1993. The development of youth ministry as a professional career and the distinctives of Liberty University youth ministry training in preparing students for youth work.
- Contributing Author: 2006. Pushing the limits. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, Inc.
- Contributing Author: 1985. When it hurts too much to cry. Wheaton IL: Tyndale House.
- Authored, 1982. The Unknown prophet, a 12 week series. Lynchburg, VA: Old Time Gospel Publications.
- Authored, 1984. Journal Article. Suffering with a son. Fundamentalist Journal March 1
- Authored, 1984. Moses, a twelve week series. Lynchburg, VA: Old Time Gospel Hour Publications
- Authored 1989. eight (8) texts and fifty (50) tapes containing 100 lectures: Lynchburg, VA: Liberty Publications: 1) History and Philosophy of Youth Ministry, 2)Programming of youth ministry I, 3) Programming of youth ministry II, 4) Discipleship in Youth Ministry I, 5) Discipleship in Youth Ministry II., 6) Student ministry, 7) The making of a youth leader, 8) The making of a youth leadership staff.
- Authored 1994. The quest 247 journal, a one year devotional guide. Lexington, KY: Ashland Ave. Publications
Membership and Organizations:
- Association of Christian Schools International
- National Association of Professors of Christian Education
- International Association of Youth Educators, Oxford
- National Association of Youth Ministry Educators (founding member)
- National Network of Youth Ministers
- Youth Ministry International (Board Member)
- Youth Ministry Executive Committee, Washington, D.C.
Notes of Interest
- Has traveled to more than 20 different countries and 37 trips hosting over two thousand different persons on exposure and short term mission events. Countries include: Brazil (5 trips), Canada, England, France, Germany, Hungry, Israel, Kenya (9 trips), Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Netherlands, Philippines, Singapore, Russia (2 trips), Tanzania (4 trips), Uganda, Ukraine.
- Founded The Center for Ministry Training at Liberty University
- Founded YouthQuest Ministries at Liberty University
- Mission to Moscow. 1994, recruited and hosted 156 American Christian Educators and Russian Leaders.
- Mission to Brazil. 2001 recruited and hosted 175 Americans and Brazilians.
- Recipient of Liberty University Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Co-founded training centers including: Kenya, Mexico, Malaysia, Cuba, and Kiev.
- Recipient of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary School of Leadership and Church Ministry David E. Adams Legacy Award established in his name.
- Recipient of Liberty University 2010 Alumnus of the Year Award