Current Students

Current Students

Student Information


View a detailed listing of all of our School of Music Scholarships, as well as qualifications and our online application.  

Academic Assistance

It is highly suggested that all students keep an open line of communication with their professional advisor in CASAS during the freshman and sophomore years. Your advisor may be contacted with all questions concerning general education courses, graduation timelines, and correlating course requirements. Upon reaching junior status, students should contact his or her faculty advisor within the School of Music. For more information about faculty advising, or if you have general questions, you can contact one of the department secretaries or

Appointments with the Dean and Associate Deans

Any student needing to schedule an appointment with the dean or one of the associate deans should first contact the appropriate administrative director:

  • Dr. Vernon Whaley, Dean of the School of Music
    • Contact the Executive Administrator and Assistant to the Dean for the School of Music, Kim Witt -
  • Dr. John Kinchen, Associate Dean for the Center of Music and Worship
    • Contact the Administrative Director for the Center for Music and Worship, Ms. Holly Carver -
  • Dr. Sean Beavers, Associate Dean for the Center for Music Education and Performance
    • Contact the Administrative Director for the Center for Music Education & Performance, Ms. Medley Lovelace -

Christian/Community Service with Ensembles

If an ensemble is listed in the Christian/Community Services Catalog of Courses, it may be taken for Christian/Community Service credit. Please note that each ensemble has its own participation arrangement with the office of Christian/Community Service. It is possible in some ensembles for a student to receive course credit and Christian/Community Service credit at the same time (Marching Band for instance), but in general, course credit cannot be earned contemporaneously with Christian/Community service credit.

Student Worker Positions

The School of Music hires student workers and work/study students to assist in a variety of areas from monitoring practice rooms, to assisting in the everyday operations of our administrative offices. Any student wishing to apply for student worker or work/study positions must complete an online application the the Human Resources Office.

Practice Facilities

The School of Music is equipped with a variety of practice facilities. These facilities are open for use by any Liberty University student, however, priority must always be given to School of Music students.

  • Keyboard Lab: An electronic keyboard lab with multiple stations, each equipped with headphones, is located in the central corridor of the Religion Hall, Rm 112. Open practice hours are posted outside the room each semester.
  • Practice Rooms: A total of 27 practice rooms are located in M9 (Main Campus building 9) and are available for student use seven days a week (hours of availability may vary). Anyone wishing to use these rooms must check in with the student monitor on duty at the entrance to the building.




chat live 2 Chat Live
Asset 1 Request Info
Asset 1 Apply Now
visit Visit Liberty