- Regalia can be purchased on-campus at the Liberty University bookstore or online from Herff Jones. The last day to order online is April 24.
- The Liberty University bookstore will have regalia available for purchase through Commencement day.
All commencement participants should purchase regalia early in order to obtain proper sizes and colors.
- Gown – all graduates wear black gowns that vary in style between level of completed degrees.
Associates degree students can purchase the Bachelor's level gown.
Post-Master's degree students can purchase the Master's level gown.
- Cap – graduates wear a mortarboard and tassel. Ph.D., Juris Doctorate, and Dmin students wear a velvet tam.
- Tassel – attached to the cap. Commonly worn on the right before the student receives their degree and moved to the left after it's presented.
- Hood – a scarf that drapes over the shoulders and down the back. Has a strip of a color unique to the student's program. The inner part is red, white, and blue. Graduates receiving an Associates degree do not wear a hood with their regalia.
- Stole – resembles a man’s oversized necktie with two wide ends and is worn draped around the neck to hang down the front. Liberty stoles are embroidered with the Liberty seal and are red.
- Honors Cord/Medallion – students that receive honors will pick up their cord or medallion at check-in. Cords are awarded to Undergraduate students and medallions are awarded to Graduate level students. Students do not need to purchase this piece of regalia. For further information about honors, please refer to the Honors page.
For information on any cords worn in representation of a society, contact the society or departmental office.
- We have partnered with Herff Jones for 2014 to provide environmentally friendly regalia for Commencement. Each graduation gown is made with about 29 post-consumer plastic bottles. The 2014 graduate’s contribution will keep approximately 174,000 water bottles from ending up in landfills.
- For more information please visit http://www.herffjonesbetterworld.com/
- BA Gown $35.98, BA Hood $34.98, BA Cap Gown tassel $51.98
- MS Gown $39.98, MS Hood $38.98, MS Cap Gown Tassel $56.98
- Ph.D. Gown $50.98, Ph.D. Hood $49.98, Ph.D. Cap Gown and Tassel $67.98
- Stole $37.98
- Tassel $10.98
- Cap $10.98
Discount packages-These include cap, gown, tassel, hood and stole
- BA $124.98
- MS $133.94
- Ph.D. $166.98
Class Rings & Announcements
Personal announcements and class rings can be ordered online at Herff Jones, these can be ordered through the time of commencement. For further details, contact email@example.com or 434-582-2316. Herff Jones will be available for ordering class rings at the Friday Check-In event.
Information regarding regalia obtained from Harris, A.L. (2005). Academic Ceremonies. United States of America: Council for Advancement and Support of Education.