Health and Physical Education Degree (B.Ed.)
Residential Health and Physical Education Degree (K-12 Licensure)
Graduate with your K-12 Virginia teaching license with an endorsement to teach health & physical education in the public and private schools. Through the Health and Physical Education Degree (B.Ed.), you’ll impact student’s lives giving them the opportunity to learn new activities/sports and helping them benefit educationally as well.
Research shows that physical activity during the school day has been linked to improvement in cognitive performance, better grades, and classroom behaviors.
Approved by both the Virginia Department of Education and the ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International), the B.Ed. in Health and Physical Education degree gives you 300+ hours of hands-on experience.
Prepare for your successful career through a proven combination of lecture-based courses, activity courses, and practicum courses:
- Lecture-based courses provide the rationale and methods behind teaching health and physical education.
- Activity courses expose you to a variety of sports and/or activities that would be taught in a physical education setting.
- Practicum courses give you 300+ hours of hands-on experience aiding, observing, and student teaching physical education & health classes in K-12 schools.
Academics: Health and Physical Education Degree (K-12 Licensure)
124 total hours
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Featured Physical Education & Health Courses
- Intro to Education & Classroom Teaching (EDUC 201)
- Physical Education Observations in Schools (PHED 189)
- The School Health Program (HLTH 402)
- Adapted Physical Education (PHED 435)
Start Your Career in Health and Physical Education
Class Campus Facilities
Health and Physical Education Career Opportunities
- Physical Education Teacher
- Health Teacher
- Director of Youth Camps
- Director of Sports Programs
- Athletic Administrator