Dr. Andy M. Bosak, Ph.D., EP-C, CSCS
Director, Graduate Exercise Science Program
Professor of Health Sciences
- Ph.D., University of Alabama
- M.S., Western Kentucky University
- B.S., Western Kentucky University
Dr. Bosak serves as a professor and director of the Graduate Exercise Science programs at Liberty University. He began his exercise and sport science career as an academic, researcher, and practitioner and has specialized in this area with a focus on sports and occupational performance. Dr. Bosak previously worked at Armstrong State University as a Sports Medicine Associate Professor and Exercise Physiology Lab Director before coming to Liberty University. Today, Dr. Bosak thoroughly enjoys teaching and conducting research with his graduate students and preparing his students for careers and post-graduate degrees in human performance and related disciplines.
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Southeast American College of Sports Medicine (SEACSM)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- EXSC 505: Foundations of Human Performance
- EXSC 510: Advanced Exercise Physiology
- EXSC 511: Advanced Exercise Physiology Lab
- EXSC 525: Research Methods in Exercise Science
- EXSC 545: Motor Learning and Performance
- EXSC 689: Thesis Proposal and Design
- EXSC 690: Thesis Defense
- EXSC 699: Internship
- Over 80 primary and secondary manuscript and abstract authorships
- Co-Editor for Soccer specific issue for the NSCA’s Strength and Conditioning Journal: June 2018.
- Associate Editor and Chief (one of three) for the NSCA’s Strength and Conditioning Journal: January 2018 to January 2020.
- Served as author for two chapters for Conditioning for Strength and Human Performance, 3rd Edition (2018).
- Associate Editor for ACSM’s Certification Review, 5th edition: February 2015 to May 2017.
- Evaluating the recovery aspects from sport and occupational performance
- Improving athletes’ and emergency service workers’ performance
- Assessing athletes’ and sports officials’ physiological changes pre, post, and during the sporting seasons
- Evaluating various aerobic and anaerobic performance and assessment tests