Stephen Parke, J.D., LL.M.
- LL.M., Military Law, U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s School
- J.D., Law, University of South Dakota School of Law
- B.A., Criminal Justice, University of South Dakota
- B.A., Political Science, University of South Dakota
Stephen Parke serves as the Residential Associate Dean for the Helms School of Government. He began his career in the United States Army where he served for 21 years. Professor Parke began at Liberty University as an associate professor until he became the Department Chair. He is now the Associate Dean.
Professor Parke mentors both residential and online students.
Dr. Parke is admitted to practice law before all military courts, the Supreme Court for the State of South Dakota, the U.S. District Court of the Northern District of California, and the United States Supreme Court.
- Constitutional Government and Free Enterprise
- Judicial Process
- Ethics in Criminal Justice
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Procedure
- Contributing author, Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Domestic WMD Incident Management Legal desk book, December 2003.
- Joint Center for Lessons Learned, Quarterly Bulletin, Volume VI, Issue 1, December 2003.
- “Death and Dying in Army Hospitals: The Past and Future Roles of Advance Medical Directives,” The Army Lawyer, August 1994.