Yaun Shares Lead Heading into Final Round at the Folds of Honor Collegiate
Liberty’s Jonathan Yaun carded his second-straight round of 69 on Tuesday and will enter the final round of the Folds of Honor Collegiate in a share of the overall lead.
Yaun jumpstarted his second sub-70 round in a row with an eagle on the par-5, No. 2 hole (519 yards). During the rest of his round, he added two birdies, a bogey and 13 more pars.
Yaun (69-69) currently shares the top spot on the 90-man leaderboard with Florida State’s Brett Robert (70-68) with a 6-under par 138.
As a team, Liberty (290-293) currently shares third place with Arizona (293-290) with each team entering the final round at a 7-over par 583.
Illinois stormed the American Dunes Golf Club on Tuesday, carding an 11-under par 277. They currently hold an 11-stroke lead with an overall score of 7-under par 569.
Florida State dropped one spot down the leaderboard and is currently three shots clear of Liberty and Arizona with a 4-over par 580 (287-293).
The Flames will be out during the earliest wave of golfers in the morning, starting their final round off the No. 10 tee (par 4, 424 yards) at 8:30 a.m.
Round Recap – Liberty’s Starting Five:
- Jonathan Yaun – T1 6-under par 138 (69-69)
- Isaac Simmons – T11 even par 144 (71-73)
- Austin Barbin – T34 6-over par 150 (75-75)
- Connor Polender – T38 7-over par 151 (75-76)
- Josh Ryan – T56 11-over par 155 (75-80)
- American Dunes Golf Club (Grand Haven, Mich.)
- Par 72, 7,213 yards
Following the Flames at Folds of Honor Collegiate:
- Live stats will be available at Golfstat.com
- Twitter @LibertyGolf
- Instagram @LibertyGolf
- Round 3 Tee Time: Wednesday at 8:30 a.m./EST (No. 10 tee)