WBB Game Day: North Florida
Live Video (ESPN+)
Liberty Game Notes
Liberty Women’s Basketball Instagram
Liberty Women’s Basketball Twitter
Liberty Women’s Basketball Facebook
North Florida Women’s Basketball Webpage
ASUN Women’s Basketball Webpage
Thursday – 7 p.m.
Liberty Flames Sports Network – Radio
WQLU 90.9 FM The Light
Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Jamie Hall
The Starting 5 – Liberty’s Top Storylines
• ASUN East co-leader Liberty (23-2, 11-1 ASUN) will play its second game in Jacksonville in six days, Thursday at North Florida (11-13, 4-8 ASUN).
• The Lady Flames enter the contest riding an eight-game winning streak. However, they are 0-4 all-time at UNF Arena and saw an 11-game winning streak halted at the facility last season.
• Liberty, which is receiving votes in both Top 25 polls, is tied with NC State and South Carolina for the national lead in wins (23). The Lady Flames lead the nation in field goal percentage defense (32.7).
• The Lady Flames’ leading scorer (13.0 ppg) and rebounder (7.3 rpg), Mya Berkman ranks No. 2 nationally for field goal percentage (66.8). She scored 10 of her 13 points during the second half of Saturday’s win at Jacksonville.
• Dee Brown led all players with a career-high 17 points, Saturday at Jacksonville. She has played well against North Florida during her career, averaging 12.3 ppg in four meetings with the Ospreys. On Jan. 12, Brown recorded her first career double-double against UNF, including 15 points and a career-best 12 rebounds.
Notes and Anecdotes – Liberty vs. North Florida
• Liberty’s second game in Jacksonville in six days will take the Lady Flames to North Florida.
• The road team has never won a game in the Liberty-UNF head-to-head series. The Lady Flames are 0-4 at UNF Arena, while the Ospreys are 0-4 in Lynchburg.
• UNF Arena (0-4) and FGCU’s Alico Arena (0-6) are the two ASUN venues where Liberty has played but never won a game. The Lady Flames have yet to visit Jacksonville State’s Pete Mathews Coliseum.
• Last season, Liberty took an 11-game winning streak to North Florida before losing back-to-back games at UNF Arena (Feb. 6 & 7, 2021). This time, the Lady Flames bring an eight-game winning streak into Thursday’s contest.
• Liberty will face UNF leading scorer Jazz Bond for the first time since Feb. 7, 2021. She missed the last two meetings between the Lady Flames and Ospreys (both Liberty victories) due to injury.
• Both universities have been in existence for approximately 50 years. Liberty was founded in 1971, one year before North Florida opened its doors for the first time.
• Third-year Liberty Athletic Trainer Laura Mancuso is a 2013 graduate of North Florida.
On the Road in the ASUN
• Liberty is 50-18 against ASUN Conference opponents since joining the league prior to the 2018-19 season, including 20-12 on the road.
• The Lady Flames are 19-11 in ASUN Conference games on the road (including 5-1 this season) and 1-1 in road contests in the ASUN Championship.
• Liberty is 5-11 when facing ASUN Conference opponents in Florida (including 2-1 this season) and 45-7 when matching up with ASUN foes in any other state (including 9-0 this season). The Lady Flames are 0-4 all-time when playing at UNF Arena.
Playing From In Front
• Liberty has only trailed for 52 seconds in its last 11 halves of basketball, dating back to the second half against North Alabama (Jan. 27).
• The Lady Flames have only faced a double-digit deficit once this season (11 points vs. North Florida on Jan. 12).