WBB Game Day: Kennesaw State
Game Day Links:
Live Video (ESPN+)
Live Audio (LFSN Radio)
Liberty Game Notes
Liberty Women’s Basketball Instagram
Liberty Women’s Basketball Twitter
Liberty Women’s Basketball Facebook
Kennesaw State Women’s Basketball Webpage
ASUN Women’s Basketball Webpage
Saturday – 2 p.m.
Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Rett McGibbon
Color Analyst: Kelley Deyo
Liberty Flames Sports Network – Radio
WQLU 90.9 FM The Light
Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Jamie Hall
The Starting 5 – Liberty’s Top Storylines
• Liberty (13-1, 1-0 ASUN) will play host to Kennesaw State (4-7, 0-0 ASUN) on Saturday for the Lady Flames’ first ASUN home contest of the season.
• Liberty, which is 7-0 all-time versus KSU, enters the matinee on a 10-game winning streak. The Lady Flames have won 13 consecutive home matchups with ASUN opponents.
• The Lady Flames’ keys have been defense and rebounding. The team ranks among the nation’s top five teams for field goal percentage defense (No. 4, 31.8), scoring defense (No. 4, 48.4 ppg) and rebound margin (No. 5, +13.0).
• Mya Berkman ranks No. 3 nationally in field goal percentage (68.1), after shooting 16-of-17 in the last two games. She is just six rebounds shy of 500 for her career and would become the 31st Lady Flame ever to reach that milestone.
• Making her first career start during Wednesday’s win over Stetson, Jordan Bailey contributed 14 points and a career-high eight rebounds. The transfer from Old Dominion has scored in double figures in four of the last five games.
Notes and Anecdotes – Liberty vs. Kennesaw State
• Kennesaw State, which was the last women’s basketball team to visit the Vines Center, will play at Liberty Arena for the first time on Saturday.
• Liberty topped KSU 91-86 during the ASUN Championship quarterfinals, March 7, 2020 at the Vines Center. The Lady Flames survived a tournament, facility and Liberty opponent-record 45 points from the Owls’ Amani Johnson.
• The Lady Flames have played five games at the KSU Convocation Center since then, including a pair of regular-season matchups with KSU and three 2021 ASUN Championship tilts.
• Liberty is 7-0 versus Kennesaw State, but five of the seven meetings have been decided by 10 points or fewer.
• Saturday will mark Liberty’s 50th ASUN Conference game. The Lady Flames are 34-15 in conference play over the last three-plus seasons.
• Kennesaw State will be playing its ASUN opener on Saturday. The Owls’ matchup with Jacksonville on Wednesday was postponed due to COVID-19 protocols. KSU has only played twice in the last month.
• Liberty has recorded 13 straight home wins vs. ASUN opponents, while KSU has lost 13 consecutive road games overall.
Liberty in ASUN Home Openers
• Liberty is 2-1 in its ASUN Conference home opener during its first three seasons of conference action.
• The Lady Flames have won back-to-back ASUN home lid-lifters since losing their inaugural ASUN home game to Jacksonville, 64-52, on Jan. 12, 2019.
• Since joining the conference, Liberty is 22-5 at home versus ASUN foes, including 19-5 in conference play and 3-0 in the ASUN Championship.
10 in a Row
• Liberty has won 10 games in a row since a Nov. 23 loss.
• This is the second straight season the Lady Flames have posted a double-digit win streak. They won 11 in a row between Dec. 9, 2020 and Jan. 31, 2021.
• Through Jan. 5, Liberty is tied with Arizona for the nation’s sixth-longest active winning streak.