No. 67 Liberty Hosts UNA Friday, Celebrates Senior Day Versus JSU Sunday
Live Scoring: Liberty vs. North Alabama
Live Scoring: Liberty vs. Jacksonville State
Liberty Men’s Tennis Game Day Central Page
Liberty Men’s Tennis Twitter
Liberty Men’s Tennis Facebook
Liberty Men’s Tennis Instagram
ASUN Men’s Tennis Home Page
The Flames bring in two conference foes this weekend. No. 67 Liberty (9-8, 4-0 ASUN) will take on North Alabama (5-6, 1-1 ASUN) at 3 p.m., Friday afternoon. The Flames will hold Senior Day, facing Jacksonville State (9-7, 1-1 ASUN) at 2 p.m., Sunday. Both matches will be held at the Liberty Tennis Complex.
Liberty will be celebrating the careers of four seniors in Josh Wilson, Christiaan Worst, Zion Heaven and Beau Pelletier before the match begins on Sunday.
The Flames are currently 4-0 all-time against UNA and 2-1 versus JSU.
Liberty’s 4-0 record in the ASUN is its best conference record since 2021 when the Flames went 6-0 in the ASUN en route to their first ASUN Championship title.
The Flames are looking to three peat as ASUN Conference champions after going 6-2 in league regular season competition last season and topping the No. 1-seeded FGCU Eagles 4-2 in the ASUN Championship final.
Flames News and Notes
• Senior Josh Wilson earned his program-record eighth ASUN Player of the Week Award, Wednesday. The Reigate, United Kingdom native has competed for the Flames for five seasons and is the program leader in career singles wins with 89. He also has 77 doubles triumphs in his career, third most in school history. The senior is 8-8 this season in singles, playing all his matches from the No. 1 position. He is 8-6 in doubles this spring and leads all Flames with 18 doubles win on the year.
• Senior Christiaan Worst is 46-28 in doubles and 47-35 in singles during his time as a Flame and has one ASUN Player of the Week award (March 1). Worst, in his third season, came to Liberty in 2021 as a transfer from Vanderbilt.
• Senior Beau Pelletier came to Liberty this past fall by way of South Carolina where he posted 44 singles wins. Pelletier has added 13 wins and nine doubles triumphs as a member of the Flames.
• Flames senior Zion Heaven came to Liberty in 2021 as a transfer from Appalachian State. Heaven has earned a combined 36 singles wins, 26 at Liberty and 10 at Appalachian State
• Liberty freshman Miguel sports a 7-5 singles mark this spring. Miguel was named ASUN Player of the Week on March 8. The Flames have featured a league-best four player of the week honorees, this spring.
• The Flames are 5-4 playing at home this season.
• Liberty is coming off a weekend with three straight wins versus ASUN opponents. The Flames topped Kennesaw State on Friday (7-0, home), Eastern Kentucky on Saturday (6-1, road) and Lipscomb on Sunday (7-0, road).
• North Alabama comes to Lynchburg after defeating Jacksonville State on the road 4-3, Monday.