No. 22 Liberty Tied for 4th Place at Hamptons Intercollegiate
No. 22 Liberty is currently tied for fourth place midway through the second round of the 2021 Hamptons Intercollegiate.
Round one from the Maidstone Club (par 72, 6,665 yards) was delayed by over an hour Monday morning, narrowing the chances for the 12-team field to finish 36 holes of play during day one of the competition.
With most teams midway through their second round, play was suspended due to darkness. The teams will resume play on Tuesday at 8:30 a.m., directly followed by the third round.
No. 42 Northwestern currently holds the clubhouse lead with a cumulative score of 1-over par. No. 4 Georgia Tech is five shots behind at 6-over par, while Virginia holds down third place at 9-over par.
No. 22 Liberty and No. 57 Duke share fourth place at 10-over par, rounding out the top five teams in the field.
Liberty opened the tournament with a first round score of 9-over par 297. The Flames are currently paced by Austin Barbin and Austin Duncan, who are tied for seventh place with an aggregate score of 2-over par.
Jonathan Yaun is one shot behind Barbin and Duncan at 3-over par. He shares 12th place with Isaac Simmons, who is competing in the event as an individual.
Round Recap – Liberty’s Starting Five (Completed Round 1):
- Austin Barbin – T6 1-over par 73 (73)
- Austin Duncan – T11 2-over par 74 (74)
- Connor Polender – T11 2-over par 74 (74)
- Jonathan Yaun – T25 4-over par 76 (76)
- Kieran Vincent – T32 5-over par 77 (77)
- Individual: Isaac Simmons – T11 2-over par 74 (74)
- Maidstone Club (East Hamptons, N.Y.)
- Par 72, 6,665 yards
Following the Flames at Hamptons Intercollegiate:
- Live stats will be available at Golfstat.com
- Twitter @LibertyGolf
- Instagram @LibertyGolf
- Resume Round 2 Tee Time: Tuesday at 8:30 a.m./EST