No. 14 Liberty in 7th Place at the Robert Kepler Intercollegiate
No. 14 Liberty battled cooler and rainy conditions on Saturday and will enter tomorrow's final round of the Robert Kepler Intercollegiate in seventh place.
Playing in their second tournament in less than a week, Liberty fired a 13-over par 581 (291-290) following two circuits around Ohio State Golf Club – Scarlet Course (par 71, 7,455 yards).
Fresh off their first-ever ASUN Championship title on Tuesday, the Flames will look to improve on their standings at the Ohio State hosted event on Sunday, starting at 9 a.m.
Round two play was suspended due to darkness with two groups and one player still left on the course. They will resume play on Sunday morning at 7:30 a.m. to wrap up their second round.
Round Recap – Liberty's Starting Five:
• Ervin Chang – T9 1-over par 143 (71-72)
• No. 51 Alexandre Fuchs – T20 3-over par 145 (72-73)
• No. 67 Jonathan Yaun – T25 4-over par 146 (76-70)
• No. 6 Kieran Vincent – T42 6-over par 148 (73-75)
• Zach Barbin – T63 10-over par 152 (75-77)
• The only team in the 16-team field to break par on Saturday was No. 8 Illinois, who leads the field at 1-under par 567 (286-281).
• The Ohio State Golf Club – Scarlet Course is playing more than two strokes over par to the 16-team field (74.63 scoring average).
• No. 47 Indiana (287-290) and Northwestern (286-291) are currently tied for second place at 9-over par 577.
• Penn State, who still has three golfers left to finish round two, is currently in fourth place at 10-over par.
• No. 40 Kent State is in fifth place with an 11-over par 579 (286-293), followed by No. 39 Iowa, who is in sixth place with a 12-over par 580 (292-288).
• Only five players in the 90-man field managed to finish in red numbers following 36 holes of play on Saturday.
• Kent State's Cade Breitenstine, who is ranked No. 61 in the country, currently leads the field following a 4-under par 138 (68-70).
Birdies and Bogeys – Liberty Team Notes:
• Ervin Chang continued his strong play and currently leads the Flames at this event, as he is tied for ninth place with a 1-over par 143 (71-72).
• Chang had the best closing round for the Flames on Tuesday when he concluded the ASUN Championship with a final round 4-under par 67.
• Chang paced the Flames on Saturday by recording seven birdies during his 36 holes of play.
• The Flames rank second in the field in par-5 scoring, averaging 7-under par on the par-5 holes (4.77 scoring average)
• Individually, Zach Barbin and Alexandre Fuchs are tied for second in the field in par-5 scoring (3-under par/4.50 scoring average).
• The pair combined for five birdies and an eagle on the par-5 holes on Saturday.
• Fuchs, who is currently ranked No. 51 in the country, is currently tied for 20th place following a 3-over par 145.
• Jonathan Yaun, who is ranked No. 67, had the best round of the day for the Flames during the afternoon flight, a 1-under par 70.
• Yaun had four birdies during his second round and is currently tied for 25th place with a 4-over par 146 (76-70).
• OSU Golf Club – Scarlet Course (Columbus, Ohio)
• Par 71, 7,455 yards
Following the Flames at Robert Kepler Intercollegiate:
• Live stats will be available at Golfstat.com
• Twitter @LibertyGolf
• Instagram @LibertyGolf
• Round 3 Tee Time: Sunday – 9 a.m.