MBB Game Day: Regent
Live Video (ESPN+)
Live Audio (LFSN Radio)
Liberty Game Notes
Liberty Men’s Basketball Instagram
Liberty Men’s Basketball Twitter
Liberty Men’s Basketball Facebook
Regent Men’s Basketball Webpage
ASUN Men’s Basketball Webpage
TV Coverage: ESPN+
Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Matt Warner
Color Analyst: Paul Nazigian
Sideline Reporter: Emily Austen
Liberty Flames Sports Network – Radio
LFSN Radio (107.5 FM Lynchburg)
Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Alan York
Color Analyst: Anthony Smith
Liberty’s Top Storylines
• Liberty is 9-0 in home openers under Head Coach Ritchie McKay, 40-10 all-time in home openers and 2-0 in home openers at Liberty Arena.
• The Flames faced the Regent Royals for the first time in last year’s season opener at Liberty Arena. Liberty prevailed 85-24 in front of a Liberty Arena-record 4,034 fans.
• Liberty has 104 wins the last four seasons, the fourth most in the country during that span.
• The Flames were picked to finish first in the ASUN in both the coaches and media polls. Darius McGhee was tabbed the ASUN Preseason Player of the Year, while McGhee and Kyle Rode were picked to the ASUN Preseason All-Conference team.
• Darius McGhee is the only Division I player in the last 30 seasons to score 800 points, grab 145 rebounds, record 115 assists, and make 140 three-pointers in a single season, doing so during the 2021-22 campaign.
• McGhee has scored in double figures in 29 straight games, which is the second longest active streak in Division I.
• McGhee has made 366 career three-pointers, which ranks No. 5 among active players in Division I.
• McGhee has won 104 career games, tying the program record set by Elijah Cuffee.
• Liberty Men’s Basketball Head Coach Ritchie McKay is on the verge of 200 wins in his time with the Flames. McKay, entering his 10th year with the program overall, is 199-104 at Liberty.
• The Flames are 28-22 all-time in season openers, including a 7-2 record under Coach McKay.
• This will be Liberty’s first-ever game on Nov. 7. This is also the earliest the Flames have ever opened a season. Liberty faced Regent in last year’s season opener on Nov. 11, 2021.