MBB Game Day: North Florida
Live Video (ESPN+)
Live Audio (LFSN Radio)
Liberty Game Notes
Liberty Men’s Basketball Instagram
Liberty Men’s Basketball Twitter
Liberty Men’s Basketball Facebook
North Florida Men’s Basketball Webpage
ASUN Men’s Basketball Webpage
TV Coverage: ESPN+
Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Richard Miller
Color Analyst: Nancy Miller
Liberty Flames Sports Network – Radio
LFSN Radio (107.5 FM Lynchburg)
Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Alan York
Liberty’s Top Storylines
• Liberty leads the country in total three-pointers (235) and three-pointers per game (11.8). The Flames are also No. 3 nationally in effective field goal percentage (57.7), No. 6 in assist/turnover ratio (1.65), No. 6 in scoring margin (16.5), No. 7 in scoring defense (58.4), No. 9 in assists per game (17.8), and No. 12 in three-point percentage (39.0).
• This is the 11th all-time between the Flames and Ospreys. Liberty leads the series 6-4 and is 6-3 against UNF since joining the ASUN
• Darius McGhee (21.6 ppg) ranks No. 1 in the nation three-point field goals per game (4.80) and total three-pointers made (96).
• McGhee has 462 career three-pointers, fourth most in NCAA DI history. With five threes at Jacksonville, he moved past Duke’s J.J. Redick (457 threes) into fourth place by himself.
• In Thursday’s road win at JU, Blake Preston (14 points, 10 rebounds) posted his sixth career double-double, Isiah Warfield matched a season high with 10 points and Kyle Rode moved into 10th place all-time in school history for career assists (345)
• Liberty is 13-2 over its last 15 games since Nov. 23. During that span, the Flames’ scoring margin is +20.1, and they are averaging 12.3 threes per game.
• Liberty and North Florida last met on Feb. 15, 2022 at UNF Arena. The Ospreys edged the Flames 72-69. UNF is 3-0 against Liberty at UNF Arena. The two teams split the season series last year, with the Flames winning 71-56 at Liberty Arena (Jan. 12, 2022). Darius McGhee (23.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg) led Liberty in scoring in those two meetings, followed by Shiloh Robinson (14.5 ppg).
• The Flames have faced UNF once in postseason play, winning 71-63 over the Ospreys in the 2019 ASUN Championship semifinals on tne way to capturing their first ASUN crown.
• The Flames are 56-12 all-time in ASUN regular season play. Liberty won the ASUN title in 2019, 2020 and 2021. The Flames have three conference regular season titles in four years and one division title (ASUN East Division, 2022). Liberty is 25-9 all-time in ASUN road games. The Flames are 1-1 on the road so far in league play this year.
• Liberty last played on this date four years ago (Jan. 21, 2019) and defeated North Alabama 72-47 at the Vines Center in Lynchburg.Lovell Cabbil led all scorers with 20 points, and Caleb Homseley totaled 15 points and nine rebounds. Liberty shot 73.7 percent (14-of-19) in the second half and made 14-of-17 (82.4 percent) of its free throws in the final 20 minutes in outscoring UNA 46-28.
Main Photo at Top of Story: No. 22 Kyle Rode