MBB Game Day: Delaware State
Live Audio (LFSN Radio)
Liberty Game Notes
Liberty Men’s Basketball Instagram
Liberty Men’s Basketball Twitter
Liberty Men’s Basketball Facebook
Delaware State Men’s Basketball Webpage
ASUN Men’s Basketball Webpage
Liberty Flames Sports Network – Radio
LFSN Radio (107.5 FM Lynchburg)
Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Alan York
Color Analyst: Anthony Smith
Liberty’s Top Storylines
• The Flames’ Darius McGhee (1,989 points) is 11 points away from 2,000 career points. He is seeking to become the fourth player in school history to reach the milestone.
• The Flames downed the Delaware State Hornets 96-60 last season at Liberty Arena (Dec. 6, 2021). Four Liberty players reached double figures, led by 18 points each from Brody Peebles and Keegan McDowell.
• Liberty went 1-1 in games in Mexico at the Cancun Challenge. The Flames fell 66-52 to Northwestern and defeated Bradley 55-44. Including the U.S.-based game (76-72 loss to Southern Miss), Liberty was 1-2 at the Cancun Challenge.
• McGhee (20.8 ppg) has made 390 career three-pointers, which is the second most among active players in Division I.
• Sophomore Joseph Venzant is the team’s leading rebound at 6.2 per game. The guard has six or more rebounds in four games this year. He recorded a career-high two blocks in the win over Bradley at the Cancun Challenge.
• McKay and the Flames are 107-31 over the last five years (2018-19 through first six games of this year) for a .775 winning percentage.
• Liberty is 22-9 all-time versus opponents from the Mid-Eastern Atlantic Conference (MEAC). The Flames have won 13 straight games against MEAC foes.
Main Photo at Top of Story: No. 23 Joseph Venzant