MBB Game Day: Bryant
Live Video (ESPN+)
Live Audio (LFSN Radio)
Liberty Game Notes
Liberty Men’s Basketball Instagram
Liberty Men’s Basketball Twitter
Liberty Men’s Basketball Facebook
Bryant Men’s Basketball Webpage
ASUN Men’s Basketball Webpage
TV Coverage: ESPN+
Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Neil Harwell
Color Analyst: Michael Watson
Liberty Flames Sports Network – Radio
LFSN Radio (107.5 FM Lynchburg)
Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Alan York
Liberty’s Top Storylines
• This is the first meeting between the two schools.
• Darius McGhee has 410 career three-pointers and is one of two active Division I players with 400 or more threes. McGhee hit his 400th career three-pointer against UMES and is one of 22 players in Division I history with 400+ triples. He is currently 18th all-time with 410 threes. He needs five threes to pass Stephen Curry (15th place all-time, 414 threes, 2007-09 at Davidson).
• Liberty is one of the best teams in the country at sharing the ball. The Flames rank 12th nationally in assists per game (18.4). Liberty is also No. 6 in the country in effective field goal percentage (.582).
• McGhee enters the week ranked second in nation in both three-point field goals per game (4.40) and total three-pointers made (44). He has a current streak of eight straight games with 20 or more points. The longest streak of 20+ games McGhee has in his career is 10 games, set last year in the final 10 contests.
• McKay and the Flames are 110-32 over the last five years (2018-19 through first 10 games of this year) for a .775 winning percentage.
• The 2022 Hall of Fame Classic features Liberty vs. Bryant (12:30 p.m.) and UMass vs. North Texas (3 p.m.)
• It will be a battle of contrasting styles, with Liberty ranking 48th in the countryin scoring defense (62.7 ppg) and Bryant checking in at No. 5 in the nation in scoring offense (89.5 ppg).
• The Flames are 5-7 all-time against opponents from the America East Conference/North Atlantic Conference (NAC). The league was known as the NAC from 1988-96, and before that, it was the Eastern College Athletic Conference-North from 1979-88. Liberty is 1-1 against the America East under Coach McKay. The Flames bested UMass Lowell 84-77 at home on Nov. 11, 2016. In their most recent game against an America East foe, Liberty fell 80-68 to UMBC on March 26, 2017 in the CIT Quarterfinal round.
• This will be Liberty’s 15th all-time game on this date. The Flames are 8-6 on Dec. 17 and 1-2 under Coach McKay. Liberty played on this date a year ago, defeating East Carolina 74-64 at the Hall of Fame Shootout in Charlotte, N.C.
Main Photo at Top of Story: No. 4 Stephen Burggraf