Liberty to Take on No. 7 Duke in Home Matchup, Tuesday
Live Video: Liberty vs. No. 7 Duke (ESPN+)
Live Stats: Liberty vs. No. 7 Duke
Liberty Women’s Lacrosse Game Day Central Page
Liberty Women’s Lacrosse Instagram
Liberty Women’s Lacrosse Twitter
ASUN Women’s Lacrosse Home Page
Liberty will continue its current homestand with a Tuesday afternoon matchup against No. 7 Duke. Game time is 3 p.m. at the Liberty Lacrosse Field.
The Lady Flames sport a 6-4 record this season and have won three straight games. Nine different Liberty players scored goals in an 11-10 Liberty victory over High Point, this past Saturday at home.
Meanwhile, Duke brings an 11-1 record into the matchup and has won its last five games. The Blue Devils topped No. 14 Notre Dame 15-12 in a road contest, last Saturday in their most recent action.
This is only the second time in program history that Liberty will welcome a top-10 team to Lynchburg. The only other time the Lady Flames hosted a top-10 squad was in their 2012 season opener versus No. 3 North Carolina (Feb. 15, 2012).
Lady Flames News and Notes
• Liberty and Duke met for the first time on April 13, 2021, in Durham, N.C. The Blue Devils topped the Lady Flames 18-6.
• Liberty is ranked No. 49 in the NCAA Women’s Lacrosse RPI listing. Duke is No. 14 in the RPI. This is the second week in which the RPI has been available, as it was released for the first time this spring last Monday.
• A key component of the game will be the battle for draw controls. Duke features the top draw specialist in the nation, Maddie Jenner, and is the best team in the country at winning the draw with 20.25 draws per game. Jenner has totaled 154 draws in 12 games to lead the country with 12.83 draw controls per game. Liberty’s top two contributors on the draw this season are Lizzy Ferguson (42 draw controls) and Mackenzie Lehman (31 draw controls).
• Duke is the No. 1 team in the nation in both scoring offense (19.50 goals per game) and scoring margin (10.50). The Blue Devils also lead the country in shots per game (38.50) and shots on goal per game (29.17). Liberty is 17th in the country in shots on goal per game (24.80) and 25th in shots per game (32.60).
• The Lady Flames are No. 3 nationally in both caused turnovers per game (12.90) and ground balls per game (20.70). Senior midfielder Mia Toscano is 25th in the country in ground balls per game (2.80), and redshirt senior Hannah Quast
• Liberty has identical home (3-2) and road records (3-2) in 2022. The Lady Flames are 11-4 at the Liberty Lacrosse Field since the start of the 2020 season.
• This will be the second game of four straight home contests for the Lady Flames. Liberty will open ASUN play against Delaware State on Saturday and will face Stetson in conference play on April 9 as well.