Liberty to Open ASUN Play at No. 20 FGCU
LIBERTY at No. 20 FGCU
Friday – 6:30 p.m.
Saturday – 2 p.m.
Sunday – 12 p.m.
LFSN Video Coverage: ESPN+
LFSN Radio Coverage: LFSN Radio Online Audio
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
• Liberty takes to the road to start their last season of ASUN Conference play with a three-game series against the No. 20-ranked FGCU Eagles this weekend. Liberty moves to Conference USA next season.
• For the first time in program history, Liberty will play seven consecutive games against nationally-ranked teams. This past weekend, the Flames faced No. 12-ranked East Carolina and hosted No. 4 Wake Forest on Wednesday.
• Liberty was picked to finish first in the ASUN Preseason Poll. The Flames have posted a 51-20 mark in ASUN regular season play and played in the conference’s championship game in their previous three seasons in the league (2019-2022).
• Head Coach Scott Jackson is in his seventh season at Liberty. Jackson has led the Flames to a 202-122 record and three NCAA Regional appearances, the most of any coach in program history.
Around the Horn
• Pitcher Garrett Horn enters the week third in the ASUN Conference with a 2.12 ERA and leads the conference by averaging 13.76 strikeouts per nine innings. The sophomore left-hander has struck out 26 in 17 innings.
• Freshman pitcher Todd Hudson leads the Liberty with seven appearances, all in relief. The right-hander is 0-1 with a 3.09 ERA and has 14 strikeouts over his 11 2/3 innings.
• With a single and walk against Wake Forest on Wednesday, catcher Gray Betts has reached base safely in 10 consecutive games, the longest such streak by a Flame this season. Betts enters the weekend four runs scored shy of joining the program’s top 10 in career runs scored.
• Second baseman John Simmons has not made a fielding error in his 13 starts at second base. The freshman has walked a team-leading 10 times.
• Shortstop Jake Lazzaro entered the week with a team-leading .313 batting average and 11 runs scored.
• Flames left fielder Three Hillier singled and walked in the contest. He has reached base safely in nine straight games.
• Center fielder Jaylen Guy has hit .303 over the last 10 games. He entered the week leading the Flames in stolen bases with seven. The junior has stolen 34 bases during his career.
• DH Victor Castillo recorded his third multi-hit game of the year with two hits on Wednesday afternoon against Wake Forest.
Featured in Main Photo: John Simmons